All reviewschandelier restaurantroyal suiteafternoon tealovely hotelsandwichessteam roomsmall poollovely roomfour poster bedquality hotelfollowing morninghuge bathroomlovely groundssmoked salmonsunday nightwedding venuethird floor
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Booked a meal for four in the bar. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The food was really really good. Not just good but absolutely excellent. The presentation and quality was superb. Whilst the venue is nice and perfectly acceptable it is not really special, but good. But if you like good food this is the place to go. Also nice friendly service. I have not eaten in the restaurant so I don’t know what that is like.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil H
Spa2000, Manager at The Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review following your meal in Zagatos.

We are so delighted you had an enjoyable meal with us and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

It was a beautiful setting fabulous food and all the staff were excellent and friendly good room A wonderful venue lovely grounds Attentive staff everything clean and tidy plenty of areas to sit and enjoy the venues

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lindacV7434KV

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We re so pleased you enjoyed your visit for a wedding and thought the hotel made a good venue for such a special occasion. We do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Me and a friend decided we wanted a last minute hotel/spa night and decided to come here.
Unfortunately there were no spa treatments available as they tend to be booked 3 weeks in advance - which was totally understandable.
The pool could have been bigger and a hot tub would have been ideal.
The hotel itself was lovely and clean and we really liked the decor of the room. *shame about the staines on the headboard.
Service was good. Nice and punctual with orders to the room.
Breakfast was lovely also.
For a cheeky night away it was all in all very good.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NatalieSales2017

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

My day was perfect, so I cant give any negatives! The wedding planner was great leading upto the day. The duty managers on the day were great and nothing was ever a problem. It was so comforting to know that they are practised at doing weddings, it put my mind at rest and everything run smoothly throughout the day. the staff were always around and available but never intrusive. I had many compliments on wonderful the food was on the day. We also had dinner in Zagatos the night before and the food was amazing, best food Ive had in a long time! The rooms were great, some were a bit hot though without air conditioning, that would be my only negative. Looking forward to going back in a year to celebrate our wedding anniversery.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Spa2000, Manager at The Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for your amazing review.

We are so thrilled that your wedding was such a perfect day. I have passed your kind words to the rest of the team as it's so lovely to hear for everyone involved. We look forward to welcoming you for your anniversary, if not before!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. This was my 3rd stay and most definitely my last. My friend and I booked our rooms before last Christmas and, obviously, advised that we both have mobility problems. I am registered disabled with severe mobility issues and use a walking stick and my friend also suffers with mobility problems. We had issues prior to seeing our rooms and had already been advised the hotel was fully booked so we could not be moved. Coming out of the lift on the 2nd floor, l had to struggle down 4 steps to my room then once inside my room l had to struggle even further with 3 steps up to my bathroom. Coming out of the lift on the 3rd floor, my friend had to struggle up 5 steps then down 1 step to get to her room. On asking for the hotel's policy with regard to disabled guests l was met with 'ums' and 'ahs'. Judging by the rooms that we were allocated and my conversation with the receptionist it was obvious that their policy is non-existent. Utterly disgraceful. The attitude of the staff and the non-existent policies of this hotel made me feel like a second class citizen. As if this wasn't bad enough the bed in my room was disgusting. Stains on both sides of the base of the bed, stains on the cushion on the bed, a horrible knitted throw over it that looked like something you would find in your grandmother's spare bedroom. Really hideous.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ditzy2
Spa2000, Manager at The Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you were disappointed following your stay with us. I am aware of your complaints and numerous reviews and I understand you are writing to our General Manager regarding this, but to reiterate what she will say we are a very disabled friendly hotel and have disabled guests stay with us on a daily basis. You booked two solo traveller bedrooms and there were no notes on your booking about requesting rooms close together, requiring an accessible room or having trouble with short staircases. If this had been the case the receptionist should have advised you that we only have three solo traveller rooms which are all in different areas of the hotel, and have some form of step access; considering that you have stayed here twice prior you should be aware that there are a lot of stairs around the hotel to bedrooms or to the lift. The accessible rooms we have were already booked on your dates so if we had known you could not use stairs we would have advised you to stay elsewhere. I know that you spoke to our Reservations Manager at the time of your stay who tried very hard to resolve the situation by offering to find you alternative accommodation (as we were fully booked and could not move you) and offered you a rate reduction which you accepted. I don't feel that we could have done more for you due to the rooms you booked and we accept that you won’t be returning to us.