All reviews lovely hotel third floor full english one night stay nice toiletries breakfast included car park breakfast service very pleasant stay bed was comfortable lovely room cooked breakfast the pub wedding party afternoon tea beautiful building old building
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel was just right for what we were looking for. Spacious clean room overlooking courtyard, comfy double bed, lovely large shower. All the bits required for an overnight stay; iron and board, hairdryer, generous free refreshments and toiletries were provided in the room.
Lovely and quiet in the morning too - no cleaners to be heard in corridors slamming and banging around, which makes a nice change!
Great bar area, sadly we didn't eat in the Brasserie as we wanted to venture out to eat instead but the menu looked good.
Breakfast was just ok, the staff tried to be attentive but lost track of what table they should have been serving and what food went to which customer! That was the only little negative.
I would definately recommend this hotel as it's close to town and positioned in a lovely area. If we are ever passing this way again, we would love to stay again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suzie W
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

My assessment is based on the deal we had for the 2 nights we were there.
Unsure what the usual rates are, but we got a two night stay for £150. This included breakfast and one evening meal. It’s a large hotel with easy access to town centre (Pantiles and all that) However, it is hilly and if one is dodgy in the feet department you may want to consider a cab back. That’s the bit all uphill.
The included dinner (3 Courses, but not drinks) was very good, choosing of the main menu. I opted for the crab pate, lamb and cheesecake. A very good standard with lamb being pink
how I like it. I was not asked so if you want the lamb cooked through then you had better mention it on ordering.
Our very comfortable room (25) was spacious with a huge bed. One gripe of mine are the plastic cups they put in the bathrooms. They are not needed by me or the planet. Real glasses are in the main room - use those.
Parking is on a first come first served basis and the car park was smaller than I expected.
Breakfast menu extensive also very good quality.

All staff were very pleasant and efficient.
All in all a great 2 day break. Would recommend Scotney Castle for a visit and Hever Castle both small car journeys away.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank William K
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Positive: On-Site Parking. Friendly and helpful Staff. Lift to all floors.
Room 16 on 3rd Floor, fairly small Double room, relatively quiet, great view, clean linen, shower-room facilities good, quality Gilchrist & Soames products supplied.
Tea and coffee facilities in room along with bottled water replenished daily.

Slightly Negative: A tale of Two Breakfasts ....... English Breakfast on morning 1 was good, not quite as happy with slightly dry Kippers or the attempt at American Pancakes on morning 2.

Room Tip: Top (3rd) Floor less affected by noise from functions being held below
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Annette C
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

On arriving we were shown to our lovely room..recently refurbished it was modern..clean and spacious.
The only comment I would make is the pub outside my window needs to clean it's roof up as the washing machine and cigarette butts were not a very nice view.
Breakfast was lovely and we loved the choice...unfortunatley the SOME of the young staff were quite lazy and wanted to spend as little time in the restaurant as possible and plenty of time at the rear end of the bar longing about and checking there phones
Saturday night I was glad I had not booked in the restaurant as the hotel had some sort of function which didn't bother me at all..what did bother me is the amount of young children that thought the hotel was a playground ..up the stairs along the corridors and the bar area was like a creche...whilst the parents did nothing and nor did the hotel staff..a shame as several people left the bar to go else where
Hotel very good ..
But when there is a function the hotel need to understand they also have paying guests

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We really enjoyed our one night stay. Firstly, the staff at reception were hugely helpful and accommodating, switching the double room that we had originally booked to a) a twin room and b) one with a bath, at the last minute, with no dramas. For the rest of the stay, everyone working there was professional, attentive, and cheerful. The hotel itself was impressive, our room was beautiful, and the food we ate in the hotel restaurant for dinner and breakfast was top-notch. Many thanks.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business