All reviews lovely hotel third floor full english one night stay nice toiletries breakfast included car park breakfast service very pleasant stay bed was comfortable lovely room cooked breakfast the pub wedding party afternoon tea beautiful building old building
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We really enjoyed our one night stay. Firstly, the staff at reception were hugely helpful and accommodating, switching the double room that we had originally booked to a) a twin room and b) one with a bath, at the last minute, with no dramas. For the rest of the stay, everyone working there was professional, attentive, and cheerful. The hotel itself was impressive, our room was beautiful, and the food we ate in the hotel restaurant for dinner and breakfast was top-notch. Many thanks.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank fl0ramay
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We found a good deal for this hotel and went for a midweek break. On arrival the staff were friendly and accommodating and we were lucky enough to get in our room a little earlier. We found the room very clean with bottled water supplied which was replenished daily and the evening meal in the restaurant which came with the deal was very tasty. It's a short stroll into town, downhill going uphill(not too steep) coming back, there are buses that run by. I think it's a good place to stay if you want to visit Royal Tunbridge Wells.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BackPacker69709
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Writing this in hotel at 23:33. When we booked in we were impressed by the renovation that had taken place. Very pleasant and informative guy at reception, Reece, room and en suite is very nicely decorated and clean. We were somewhat concerned by the low hum from the large restaurant extractor outlet outside our room - turned out to be the least of our worries! Food was also good. Went out and came back to bedlam! One guy trying to serve multiple people at the bar - but that is not the worst of it! We are in room 3 - we have a disco underneath us and one at the end of the corridor! Have videos as evidence.... Unless you have industrial class ear defenders it is impossible to sleep. No warning of this when we booked nor when we booked in. Given the number of other hotels in Royal Tunbridge Wells avoid this at all costs unless you don't mind not being able to sleep! Needless to say we will be contacting our credit card company in the morning to cancel our payment - Brian the night porter was informed of this at 23:15! Beware all who enter here!!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BSKSH
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Good:
The building itself and the rooms.

Not Good:
The service was unmotivated and loveless. There was a wedding parallel to our stay which made the stay very uneasy. On the second evening here was a karaoke challenge in the pub directly behind the hotel which was very loud.

All in all no recommendation from me. The rates are too high for what you get in the end

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Our visit started well. Pleasant staff,room clean,comfortable bed, clean bathroom.
We booked for dinner and we were told they had a party in. On coming down for dinner we were offered a table in the dining room, but it was very noisy so we took up the offer of a table in the bar. We had to order at the bar, and the food was served fairly promptly. The food was average. My steak was served with chunky chips instead of the fries on the menu(I queried this and told they only had chunky chips) so I left them. After this we felt rather neglected and left 25 minutes after finishing our mains without being offered a desert.
During the night and early morning we were disturbed by the considerable noise in the corridor. We were unable to tune the tv to get the morning news.
The room breakfast was served in was cold. I was asked to pay for hot chocolate with my breakfast, which is the first time in over 25 years (I had one in the bedroom later)
Again the food was average and less generous than the hotels we have recently stayed in.
To put the icing on the cake a crying baby vomited rather spectacularly, which completely put me off my food (not the hotel’s fault).
Before posting this review I would like to point out that I filled out the comments form and took it to the desk a good hour before checking out.
No mention was made of our complaints so after we settled our bill I asked if they had got my comments card and was told yes, but it hadn’t been read.
I feel our experience we had at the Royal Wells, just wasn’t good enough to justify the £202.05 which was what we had been charged for a 1 course dinner,BB,6 drinks and a newspaper.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple