All reviews lovely hotel third floor full english one night stay nice toiletries breakfast included car park breakfast service very pleasant stay bed was comfortable lovely room cooked breakfast the pub wedding party afternoon tea beautiful building old building
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I plus my son and daughter in law booked in for Christmas day lunch ... 6 courses £69 pp. On the big day we arrived at 11 am to a lovely cheerful welcome at the bar , after several pre lunch ripples ...hic we were shown to our table , all groups had their own space (not mixed) food and service was excellent throughout the meal, staff were professional , happy and courteous, and gave us plenty rest time between courses , which is a welcome change to some restaurants . Meal commenced at 1230pm ended at 4pm ish . My family and I had a wonderful relaxed Christmas lunch . Congratulations to the management and their superb team . We will definitely return way before Xmas 2018

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank nigelrandall
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight with family for a Saturday night. We occupied 3 rooms, all of which were clean, really well decorated, lovely beds, etc.
The hotel has obviously been refurbished recently and it looks really good. Very smart, friendly and efficient.
Free on-site parking. Breakfast was good and I cannot fault the place for the money.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I struggled with a review on this hotel because I was a bit neutral, and I didn't want to be. I wanted to rave because, well, I wanted a great experience from a quaint English hotel. It didn't quite achieve that and I'll try to explain why.

The Good Bits:
* Reception service was polite, engaging, and accomodating.
* Well furnished and modern room.
* The hotel decor was up to date and appealing.
* Bar staff were attentive.

The Not so Good Bits:
* The wardrobe was small and cluttered with an ironing board and other bits.
* My room was very hot.
* The breakfast service was a bit amateur, e.g. 'Nah, no ice, sorry. Run out'.
* Lift - Yes, a strange one to mention. Just felt like a service lift.

Room Tip: Be careful with the room temperature.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Close to the centre of town (3 minutes walking) Tunbridge and the surrounding areas is very nice. Plenty of National Trust places to visit also.
Rooms are a good size and clean.
Breakfast was filling but average. Bacon was not good but that can happen.
Parking is a nightmare if you go there when there is a function on. You book it because it says free parking but this may not be so. They say its on a first come first serve but this is not true as when we arrived there were 2 parking spaces with a white chair in front of them with reserved on it. Reserved is not first come basis.
There is no close parking if the hotel is full and the staff are NOT knowledgeable of the area. I asked the question on arrival but it is only a 2 hour limit in the roads around the hotel and some are permit holders only. We were told to go down a side road but it was at least half a mile to find a space. I ended up going back in and demanding they find me a space.
Little tip guys, to avoid winding up your customers give them a map showing where they can park if they come in to reception when they cant get a space in the carpark.
Be warned everyone that the traffic wardens are in numbers and they also work on a Sunday.
We were in room 29 just above a function room and on 2 out of the 3 nights we stayed they had functions on. Disco is very loud and stays on until midnight. After that its noise being made by the staff cleaning up which goes on for another hour plus.
I could go on but its not the way I like to operate. I travel a lot for business so I had hoped I can make good choices in Hotels after so many years.
Unfortunately, I would not stay there again and would avoid the group this Hotel is run under.
Sorry, guys I wish I could have more positives but I simply don't.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 479deant
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed on a Sunday night which is always good value for money! We were pleasantly surprised by Tunbridge Wells and the hotel. The room was nice and warm and we had a nice deep bath in the ensuite, which was appreciated on a cold winters night! Would have liked a lemon & ginger or fruit tea in the room to go with the standard offerings.
We ate in the restaurant and the meal was very nice and we would return, however, service was seriously lacking!! It was very quiet and I suppose it is easy to forget your customers in this situation!! .....starter plates not removed, water offered but not brought to us, side order not delivered and we weren’t offered deserts ........so we removed ourselves to the bar!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple