I struggled with a review on this hotel because I was a bit neutral, and I didn't want to be. I wanted to rave because, well, I wanted a great experience from a quaint English hotel. It didn't quite achieve that and I'll try to explain why.
The Good Bits:
* Reception service was polite, engaging, and accomodating.
* Well furnished and modern room.
* The hotel decor was up to date and appealing.
* Bar staff were attentive.
The Not so Good Bits:
* The wardrobe was small and cluttered with an ironing board and other bits.
* My room was very hot.
* The breakfast service was a bit amateur, e.g. 'Nah, no ice, sorry. Run out'.
* Lift - Yes, a strange one to mention. Just felt like a service lift.More