All reviews lovely hotel third floor full english one night stay nice toiletries breakfast included car park breakfast service very pleasant stay bed was comfortable lovely room cooked breakfast the pub wedding party afternoon tea beautiful building old building
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Close to the centre of town (3 minutes walking) Tunbridge and the surrounding areas is very nice. Plenty of National Trust places to visit also.
Rooms are a good size and clean.
Breakfast was filling but average. Bacon was not good but that can happen.
Parking is a nightmare if you go there when there is a function on. You book it because it says free parking but this may not be so. They say its on a first come first serve but this is not true as when we arrived there were 2 parking spaces with a white chair in front of them with reserved on it. Reserved is not first come basis.
There is no close parking if the hotel is full and the staff are NOT knowledgeable of the area. I asked the question on arrival but it is only a 2 hour limit in the roads around the hotel and some are permit holders only. We were told to go down a side road but it was at least half a mile to find a space. I ended up going back in and demanding they find me a space.
Little tip guys, to avoid winding up your customers give them a map showing where they can park if they come in to reception when they cant get a space in the carpark.
Be warned everyone that the traffic wardens are in numbers and they also work on a Sunday.
We were in room 29 just above a function room and on 2 out of the 3 nights we stayed they had functions on. Disco is very loud and stays on until midnight. After that its noise being made by the staff cleaning up which goes on for another hour plus.
I could go on but its not the way I like to operate. I travel a lot for business so I had hoped I can make good choices in Hotels after so many years.
Unfortunately, I would not stay there again and would avoid the group this Hotel is run under.
Sorry, guys I wish I could have more positives but I simply don't.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 479deant
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed on a Sunday night which is always good value for money! We were pleasantly surprised by Tunbridge Wells and the hotel. The room was nice and warm and we had a nice deep bath in the ensuite, which was appreciated on a cold winters night! Would have liked a lemon & ginger or fruit tea in the room to go with the standard offerings.
We ate in the restaurant and the meal was very nice and we would return, however, service was seriously lacking!! It was very quiet and I suppose it is easy to forget your customers in this situation!! .....starter plates not removed, water offered but not brought to us, side order not delivered and we weren’t offered deserts ........so we removed ourselves to the bar!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2muchfinefoodandwine
Reviewed 2 December 2017

2*'s !
Why ? - Poor Value, Poor (to Average, on occasions!) Service.

Well I'd much rather write a good review than poor one, but unfortunately this one is mostly the latter.

I'll start with the bad and end with the good (there is some good believe it or not!)

Firstly, on arrival, after waiting 15 minutes in the traffic through Tunbridge Wells (which is frustratingly very common!) we turned the corner onto the car park - oops it's full - off to park on the busy roadside for us! Not ideal as the water gathers on that side of the road if it's raining and trying not to get your long dress and shoes wet whilst getting into the car is a challenge !
The parking is limited and this often happens unfortunately !

The Warm Welcome
This didn't really exist - the woman (mid fifties, short grey / brown hair) had only been there about two months we heard her say to someone else, went through the pleasantries, but it wasn't all that genuine and there seemed to be a tone of 'get the money off the as quick as you can!' Heaven forbid we should pay on departure :o !
There were also two other receptionist that we saw, one who had an eastern European accent who was nice, and another who I've no idea how she sounds because the stone cold miserable face made me think I'd rather deal with my own problems than ask her for any help ! I'm not sure whether she is always like this but she she didn't break from her rather dejected looking face the whole time we were there.

This was also the time where we handed over enough money to fund a weeks holiday to Tenerife for two, including flights ! - Which is a lot considering we were only there for four nights and we didn't have an evening meal - and it wasn't the grandest of hotels !

Anyway moving onto the more important details - we were on the top floor ! We went as a group and had 5 rooms between us! The rooms are Nice ! They were clean, tidy and we well presented, so hats off ! The Romanian room maids were nice and stocked the room up with fresh towels, tea, coffee, sugar, hot chocolate and water every day.
The was wifi worked well and was a nice addition - they did want everything from your address to Mothers cat's maiden name in order to access it! But nice nevertheless !
So the rooms overall would probably come out at about a 3/5 - not bad !
The views from our rooms were nothing better than seeing the tops of other buildings and houses, so nothing spectacular there.
The only thing left to say about the rooms was that it felt like you could make yourself a cup of tea and drink it before the shower and taps had started to warm up - it seriously took ages for the water to warm up ! I stood in the shower freezing for 2 minutes whilst the hot water was trying to come through ! -This is a little like the lifts - I think they were operated by hundreds of tiny Borrowers, who kept falling asleep and needed to be woken - if you were quick you could probably get from the top floor to the bottom and back up again by the time the lift arrived on the 3rd floor !

The Breakfast !
The Breakfast menu was ok and featured a vegetarian option but very little for the Vegans (sorry Vegans). The staff here we ok. Some were nice, some were just ok and did enough to get by! Which seemed pretty reflective of the whole place.
There were a few snacks / cereals / fruit etc (all of which, excluding the fruit, was full of refined sugar)... on the table for the guests and then you had the option to order from the menu !
Once you ordered it's up to you what you do, you could sit there, read a book or stroll into town and back by the time it came!
There were only about 5 couples (no more than two people per table) in there as well as us (about 9 of us) and it still took over an hour for some of the food to come ! Which meant some of us had finished and some of us hadn't even had our food !

Finally, one of the couples in our group decide they wanted leave a day early. They asked if they could have a refund for the one night they weren't going to be staying and you never guess what.... 'The computer said no!' They wouldn't give the refund, even when considering that we booked 5 rooms, spent thousands of £'s and it was only one night. To me this is RIDICULOUS ! (Especially when you consider how overpriced the hotel is !)

Wrap it up !
Ok, so to wrap things up - I / we (all 9 of us) don't recommend it !
This is the long and short of it !
There's a few things going for it but as mentioned at the start - the Hotel is 'Poor Value and Poor (to Average, on occasions!) Service.'

Final Note: We are quite big into the sustainable and Organic side of life, and to say the least, there was none of that at the hotel!

Room Tip: Maybe try the top floor for the better views
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We often use the bar for meetings and have tea/coffee, but for once I ordered a drink. I ordered half a lager and a packet of crisps. Put aside the fact that the crisps were passed their best before date, this came to .... £3.50! It seems that San Miguel is c£5 a pint there! My local charges £3.90 for a pint!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night as we were attending a wedding in Tunbridge Wells. We were so happy with our room. It was an excellent size, very modern, extremely clean and the bed was very comfy. It seemed as if the room has been recently refurbished.

We had breakfast in the morning and that was lovely. You order from the menu but can help yourself to hot or cold drinks, pastries, toast and cereal.

There is a car park out the front of the hotel. The car park is quite small so we were fortunate with that we didn’t have to park a car.

The hotel is in an ideal location in the centre of town. Only a couple of minutes walk to bars, pubs and restaurants.

We would definitely come back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple