“Overnight stay for Wedding”
Review of Pegwell Bay Hotel

Pegwell Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Our stay was brilliant, the hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, comfortable and had everything we required. I had requested a travel cot and it even came with a sheet.
Breakfast was very good, lovely ingredients, varied choice. Again the staff were polite and friendly.
Our whole experience of the hotel has been exceptional, my Daughter's wedding went smoothly from start to finish, praise has to go to the lovely Richard, we all had a fantastic time.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel for a wedding or just to stay in this lovely location.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Although I am local to the area, when we recently had a wedding it was decided that some of us would stay overnight.
My room was clean, comfortable(apart from my granddaughters elbows when she decided to sleep in my bed with me!!)and had everything I needed.
The staff were polite and helpful, check in was very easy and the price was outstanding.
I can't even begin to count how many of us were there for breakfast the next day, but again, nothing was to much trouble, and the staff were marvellous, as indeed they were throughout the whole wedding, before, during and on the day.
I would highly recommend this to anyone, no matter what the reason for your visit/stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I emailed the hotel before I booked, specifically asking if they had a room available with a really nice sea view and NOT from a small window. They confirmed this, so I booked. Imagine my disappointment when we found out we were given a room on the top floor with small windows, and all the way down the hall so the furthest away from the sea...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 September 2017

Hi

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review.

I am sorry to hear that your view from the room wasn't as expected, all of our bay view rooms over look Pegwell Bay in general. However some of our Superior rooms do have direct views looking out to the bay, we may of had some of these rooms available had you enquired at hotel reception.

Kind regards

Katie Dent
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have nothing but fond words to say about this hotel and its staff. Both the Ravenscliffe and Clifton suites are lovely to have your wedding reception in and ceremony too. We were lucky enough to get married outside which was perfect, thanks to Richard, (the wedding co-ordinator) and his team. Richard pulled out all the stops to ensure everything ran smoothly. He is amazing at his job and such a thoughtful man. I was lucky to have him stop me tripping over my dress and he even stopped the rain just in time!
During the organisation period, any questions were answered promptly, by either Holly or Richard; I was always made to feel at ease. We didn't see the way the room looked until after our ceremony. We couldn't have been happier with the work they did! The flowers and centre pieces were beautiful. (This should be a separate review for Le Bouquet in Ramsgate who I'd highly recommend.) The hotel recommend florists and photographers for the day. I am glad we went for the all inclusive wedding package to include these services.
Every member of staff we had dealings with were friendly and efficient. It is rare to find a place where the whole team are so passionate about what they do. Nothing was ever too much to ask.
The food was amazing, especially the fish and chips in the evening! We had a delicious breakfast the following morning and because we were the last ones to leave, the lovely waitress gave us pastries to take home. She said that they would only get wasted! The service was exceptional throughout.
Thank you Pegwell Bay hotel for making our wedding so enjoyable. We look forward to visiting again for our future anniversaries. We can't wait to try out the new outside beach hut bar and play area too!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Went here 2 weeks ago for my firms BBC the venue was great the staff excellent they went out of their way to accommodate us.... couldn't have asked for more the rooms were VERY good too. We gave booked up already for our annual BOW and also our Xmas dinner next year

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsgate
1.7 km away
2.2 km away
The Oak Hotel
The Oak Hotel
#8 of 10 in Ramsgate

Been to Pegwell Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!