All reviewssofa bedswimming poolblack puddingleisure clubstayed here for two nightswould stay againleisure facilitiessteam roomdecent sizeplenty of parkingchanging roomsmedway townsbreakfast was excellenttea and coffeeexcellent value for moneyrestaurant staffairfield
Reviewed 1 April 2017

It's the staff and the great customer service that makes this hotel.

The guys on reception always have a smile and are pleasant.

The breakfast staff are the best. They work as a team, always a table ready doesn't matter how busy the restaurant. Lots to choose from and staff always pleasant without being intrusive.

I keep coming back

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear road traffic ask for an inside room.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Garry C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stays with us, I am really pleased to learn that you return time and time again and the team look after you well. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in a July 2016 for 3 nights, lovely clean spacious room, great food and plenty of free parking. Would highly recommend especially if your attending the Ramblin Man festival at Mote Park just a short 10 min drive!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review following your stay last year. I am really pleased to hear that you found the hotel a great location for the Rambling Man Festival, I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for the event again this year.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We chose Holiday Inn Rochester as the venue for a lunch to celebrate our golden wedding anniversary. Dawn was brilliant in guiding us through from the original enquiry to the actual luncheon. We had the Spitfire room. On the morning of our lunch, our daughter went to the hotel with embellishments for the room (cake, balloons, banner etc.) and all the staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough to make sure everything was perfect. The lunch was delicious, many compliments to the chef were given. The serving staff were efficient but never intrusive. Huge thanks to Sarah and team. Talking with friends no-one could think of anything that could be improved. Altogether a perfect golden wedding anniversary day.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind comments following your recent Golden Wedding Anniversary celebrations at the hotel. I am really pleased that the team looked after you well, I will ensure that you comments are passed back to them all. I am really glad that you and your family had a memorable celebration.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

here for 5 nights and will no doubt have to suffer again;
200+ paces to reception; (bring walking boots)

slow last night and tonight I've just done 2 hours at a table for one in the restaurant.... for just 1 x drink and a main course;... I gave-up waiting for my dessert and they didn't even notice - other than including the latter in the bill* whilst gibbering about pressures of receiving 17 room service orders;

(*yes, I'll be getting that taken off the record tomorrow morning - when I expect someone will actually be at the reception desk)
business paying for stay and all meals and drinks.. but I wont eat here in the evenings again... EVER

oh, by the way - apparently there's Wi-Fi and a page does come up on my lap-top asking me to provide a code.... but I've absolutely no information whatsoever as regards this code OR how to obtain one - Am I expected to go somewhere and ask ?

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. I am naturally very disappointed to learn that you did not have an enjoyable experience with us. I do apologise that you had a long wait for food in the restaurant. The new wifi code should have been issued to you on check in, I do apologise that this was not the case. Any member of staff would have been happy to advise further.
Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 4 or 5 times over the last 18 months, as I'm an IHG member and it's the nearest one of their hotels to my office. The hotel has gone through some remodelling during this time with some new carpets and rooms being upgraded. It also has a decent pool, jacuzzi and plenty of parking here too. The breakfast on this occasion was well cooked, and the front desk staff friendly. Just watch the rates, as there are more hotels cropping up in the area with competitive pricing.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Garry C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stays with us. I am really pleased that you like to refurbishments that we have done to the hotel to update both the rooms and the bathrooms and that you like the facilities that we have to offer. I am glad that the team looked after you well and that you enjoyed the breakfast.
I am really pleased that you continue to chose the hotel and we do value loyalty to the IHG brand.