1,153 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa breakspa arealight lunchspa stafflovely spaleisure facilitiesrestaurant staffwaiting staffmy partnerplenty of choicewedding partyfunction roomboth nightsfriday nightevening mealthe staff were friendly and helpful
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We stayed as part of the Q Hotel two night deal with evening meals and breakfast included. The first thing about the hotel was the positive attitude of the staff. The mainly young people working in the hotel were a credit to themselves and the hotel, it was a real pleasure to speak with them starting with Anna on reception. On our way to the hotel we went to the home of Churchill at Chartwell, the following day we went to Chatham Docks which was only 15 minutes away. It has been a couple of years since we have done one of these Q hotel deals, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the evening meal and breakfast. The hotel was easy to find, there is plenty of parking and talking to other guests the hotel is well located to visit some of the major attractions in Kent. A fan was provided in the room, for a hotel of this quality we would have expected air conditioning, apart from this everything was really good, we will use this hotel if we decide to visit Kent in the future.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Guy R, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear 440rob,

Thank you very much for your 4* review,

We do have a great team here at Bridgewood Manor and we are very proud of the fantastic service they provide. We are indeed in a great position to explore Kent. We are in close proximity to Chatham Docks, Leeds Castle, and Whitstable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nicely laid out and very clean and comfortable, all the staff were very friendly and polite and all were extremely helpful. The bar is nice and the restaurant is absolutely brilliant with very good food all day and top notch buffet style breakfast with everything freshly cooked. A definite place to recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Peter B,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review,

We are very luck to have such a great kitchen team who are over seen by our Head chef Colin. I will pass your comments on to them. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. There were no problems with our room allocation. Our room was clean and adequate for myself and my daughter for an overnight stay. We unpacked and then went to the spa area to receive our complimentary treatment, a facial. The treatment room was in need of modernisation but was adequate. The therapist Tracy gave me a very good facial, extremely relaxing and professional. I have had facials at more upmarket hotels before and Tracy's treatment was on a par if not better than them. After our treatments my daughter and I relaxed on the warm beds in the spa facility. These were relaxing but the spa facilities were also in need of modernisation. The pool is small not really a pool to exercise in, there are comfortable beds but just a few, the steam room needed a clean the sauna was too hot. We made the most of it and enjoyed ourselves. We then returned to our rooms to get ready for dinner. We had some amazing food, to the value of £28 each included in our deal, served to us by a waitress called Georgia. She was so helpful and at the end of our meal, when I asked for a jug of water for our room she offered to carry up two chilled complimentary bottles of water to our room for us. Couldn't fault her service, such a cheerful young lady. We slept well in a very comfortable bed. Showered in an adequate but not luxurious bathroom in the morning, then headed for breakfast. The breakfast was very good, so much choice. Again the service could not be faulted. We then checked out of our room, again very efficient and cheerful service. We used the spa again and my daughter had a back massage (£30 with 20% discount) which again was good and relaxing for her. We left about mid day feeling very chilled and relaxed. We booked this as a last minute mini break for £89 through Q hotels. in my opinion the hotel is dated and trying to be posh when it isn't really but for that price and the excellent service we received you really can't go wrong.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear KateSmith47,

Thank you very much for your 4* review,

I am delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your relaxing spa break. We have a fantastic group of spa therapists who really know how to look after our spa guests. Our head chef Colin passes on his thanks for the wonderful comments about the food. We know how lucky we are to have such skilled chefs. I will certainly pass your great feedback to Georgia and Tracey's line managers.

I hope we can welcome you back for some more treatments soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here Saturday to Sunday . Arrived at 3pm to a lovely welcome from the front desk staff they were friendly and had a happy face. Could see they were having some problems with getting people checked in as rooms were not ready and the staff were talking with chambermaids over the phone! We got told our room would be around a 20 minute wait which really is false advertising on your part as it says 3pm check in time. The girls on the desk were apologetic and got me and my husband a cup of tea whilst we waited. Arrived to room and the room was not cleaned properly , there was a dirty cup with coffee left in the bottom, and a single sock on the floor by the lamp. We reported this to the team on front desk who couldn’t apologise more and came to sort out. When we arrived back to the room we were trying to find the air conditioning like it stated you have on Expedia!!! You have a silly fan in the room this is not air conditioning and is a massive lie that you are advertising. Yet again we went back to the front desk team who were being shouted at by other guests because your websites say you have air conditioning plus other guests saying they had dirty sheets in the room . The food wait on Saturday was slow and staff were just standing around . Not sure I would return as the cleanliness of our room has put us off .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Tinnytime,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you did not receive our usual high standard of bedroom check in and restaurant service. I will certainly investigate why air-conditioning has been advertised on Expedia, as you rightly point out, our bedrooms do not have this facility.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

My wife and I and our two friends have just had a 2 night break at this Hotel.We all agreed that Hotel in general was very good. We found the Staff very attentive and friendly. Our room was very clean and well maintained, although the view was over the roof tops and near to the "chimneys"
We were on a Breakaway Package so the evening meals were included in the price, We thought the menu a little bit limited but what we had was very good.We were all very impressed with the restaurant staff and would give a special mention to the waitress that looked after us on both nights, she was so friendly and enjoyed a joke or two. Her name was Fran. she made our evening meal a real pleasure, well done.Now that the Hotel seems to be under new management we hope that it can keep up the same standard. The Four of us will be back

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Chris Q,

Thank you very much for your 4* review,

It is great to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at Bridgewood Manor. All of our staff are a credit to themselves and I am delighted to hear Fran looked after you well at dinner time. We look forward to welcoming the four of you back to the hotel soon.