“The very best get-together we have enjoyed”

Canterbury Cathedral Lodge
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Canterbury
Reviewed 26 February 2012

14 of us gathered for our annual get-together around the country.
All thought it positively the very best during the past seventeen years.
The rooms, the greeting, the care, the food - you could not better.
Of ourse, the fact we were within the precincts of Canterbury Cathedral enhanced the whole stay.
Nothing too much trouble and the peace and quiet gave us a haven to relax in.

Room Tip: No noise, no smells - we believe every room is a credit to all. Only ground and first floors - lift...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank probson8
CCLManager, General Manager at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your stay with us at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge. We were delighted to hear how much you all enjoyed your weekend away. Please accept my reassurances that I will be sharing your kind comments with the rest of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Canterbury Cathedral Lodge

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed for hree nights in a comfortable room with everything you need for your stay. Every memeber of staff I met was unfailingly helpful and polite. This was a business stay, but I would happily return for a holiday break. First class in every respect.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
CCLManager, Manager at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to send you our sincere thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge.

Customer Service is our number one priority and I am delighted that you felt we lived up to this.

I do hope you will return for a holiday in the near future and when you do we will be delighted to welcome you again.

My very best wishes

Sally

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Had a really nice stay @ the Cathedral lodge, excellent location within the cathedral precincts & what a view! lovely breakfast also.
Well worth staying there for something different with the location
Free entry into the cathedral also, which is normally £9 each
Parking is £5 per day, but we parked right outside
Bit difficult to find, but when found it location was amazing!

Room Tip: Room 216 was a good view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DPKS2010
CCLManager, General Manager at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge. We were delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and that you managed to take advantage of free entry into the Cathedral.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Recently stayed at CCL for a weekend. Location was great, very special to be staying within the grounds of the cathedral. However the accom is very much a conference lodging (ie very generic), to be fair the accom website doesn't hide this it was just that from the TA reviews I was expecting somthing more unique. The room we had on the first night was very small and the bed tiny (I'm 5.9 and my feet hung well over the end). The receptionist dealt with my complaint well and moved us to another room that had joined twin beds (which I fitted on!). Wifi also either didn't work in the rooms or was very slow.

Overall friendly, clean accom but nothing special.

Room Tip: Request a joined twin bed rather than a double.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TryAll
CCLManager, General Manager at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of Canterbury Cathedral Lodge. Whilst we were pleased to hear how much you liked the location, we were disappointed to learn that the room you were initially allocated did not meet your expectations. Please accept my reassurances that all our double bedded rooms are furnished with a standard double mattress. I am glad we were able to resolve your difficulties and was particularly pleased to hear how our reception team resolved your dissatisfaction. With regard to your comments about Wi-Fi coverage, I can confirm I have checked coverage in several locations this morning and have not experienced the same difficulties you describe. I will however refer this to my IT technician for further investigation.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Right next to the Cathedral its got a stunning location. We got the feeling that its really aimed at people visiting the Cathedral and staying for a couple of nights possibly on a course or at a conference.The ambience is quiet and formal ..its not a bustling hotel by any means and there's a large framed picture of the Archbishop of Canterbury next to the reception desk which sets the tone of the place. This isn't meant as negative criticism. Its scrupulously clean and has all the essentials but apart from some hanging space in the bedroom there was no storage ..no drawers for clothes nor are there any cupboards so while not exactly austere it wasn't luxurious but at the price you couldn't complain at all . The price was very good and the staff superb.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wyvernWestSussex
CCLManager, General Manager at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your stay with us at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and how pleased you were with the customer service. If you are considering a return visit at some point in the future, please can I suggest double checking the availability of our twin bedded rooms, which can be made up as double and benefit from additional storage space.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.