“Wonderful!”

Ranked #8 of 385 Restaurants in Canterbury
Price range: USD 13 - USD 38
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cafe du Soleil is situated beside the river Stour in Canterbury occupying a former 18th century wool store and is accessed by its own bridge over the river. The building was restored with a grant from English Heritage and showcases the extensive use of reclaimed building material from the 14C city wall. Our cuisine draws influence from Provence in southern France, and from Italy, to create a modern Mediterranean cuisine. The menu changes with the seasons, and much of our food is cooked in our wood burning oven, fed with locally sourced wood from managed forest.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Pre booked for dinner based on the TripAdvisor reviews and we weren’t disappointed. Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and fantastic food. I had the beetroot and goats cheese salad with some truffle fries; wonderful!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have dined here a few times and have never been disappointed. We were early for our reservation, however we were offered drinks while we waited and it was only about 5 minutes before we shown to our table. Great choice of courses and excellent pre theatre set menu 2 courses for £14.95. We chose duck confit which was excellent, well cooked and presented. We then had sticky toffee pudding, far too much sauce for me. Mum chose a small pizza and she really enjoyed it. Excellent value for money and no doubt we will be eating here again for a pre-theatre meal. Friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife went here for our wedding anniversary Meal and throughly enjoyed it. My wife had tempura prawns for starters which she would recommend and I had garlic bread with mozzarella which was also nice. We both had fillet steak which was delicious, and my wife ordered the sticky toffee pudding for dessert which she thoroughly enjoyed. The staff were very attentive and friendly. It has a nice atmosphere. The price range was also reasonable for the quality of food.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have used Cafe du Soleil many, many times over the years as a pleasing pre theatre eatery. I have always been a huge fan of their pizzas and my wife their evening specials. On arrival this latest time, I have to admit that I was disappointed to see that their wonderful shared starter was no longer on the menu, and even more disappointed that my most loved Lombardi and Pepperoni pizza was long gone. Scanning the menu, I would say that the latest selection of starters and mains have gone upwards in choice and taste. Of course a restaurant of this quality will evolve, hopefully becoming better and better. We both had a very enjoyable meal and the staff were helpful and chatty. The restaurant was by the way, packed out solid. Always a good experience at Cafe du Soleil, especially with the double doors to keep out the elements. We will return.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Today we had a three course set lunch for under £20 which was excellent. The food was delicious and the service was really good.. The gap between courses was just right and everything tasted fresh and delicious. A superb experience!

1  Thank 540jill