“really good staff and drinks”

Suckerpunch St Albans
Ranked #1 of 16 Nightlife in St Albans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 25 January 2018

really like this place, been a few times and great drinks menu, plenty of staff behind the bar so you're never having to wait for an annoyingly long time to get served. Drinks aren't as some people have said the cheapest but i think that's what makes it that bit more than just going to the pub! Good to see this sort of place and hope it continues to thrive. If there were to be one niggle i'd suggest handbag hooks on the little tables for the ladies.

All reviews
"mojito"
"skull"
"st"

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I just love this little bar, it has the most incredible vibe, the cocktails are simply amazing!
It's table service so no queuing at the bar getting pushed or shoved then dropping your cocktail!
The decor is so lovely!
The music is so varied so great for everyone!!
The staff are all so happy and friendly! They have a whole floor upstairs that can be hired for private events for up to 40 people.. again with table service!
It really is a hidden gem and I can't recommend it highly enough!!

Ps. The midori sour and Miami Vice are to die for!!!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing cocktails, great atmosphere, friendly staff. A bit pricey but worth it! Would recommend booking as it is very popular - for good reason!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Our friends live nearby St Albans and recommended it would be a great place to stop for a drink.
My friend mentioned it gets super busy so you are always advised to book a table otherwise you can come in but you will be standing in the way. Table bookings last around 2 hours.
The time we visited was spot on (7:30pm). We had a cute little table right next to the bar so we could see the bartenders doing their thing.
The decor, the atmosphere and the way the guys were dressed just added to the whole awesomeness of it all.
The cocktail menu is huge and so much choice to make.
The guy looking after our table was really helpful and did ask if we wanted any recommendations or a hand picking a drink he can advice us.
I started with a Miami Vice - can't go wrong slushie with so much alcohol in but you can't taste it definitely an easy drink.
Then we decided to share one of the sharing cocktails - which comes in a cool skull head again just goes with the vibe of the place. Another easy drinking cocktail.
Unfortunately for me I lost a game of topgolf earlier in the day and had to do a shot - I picked cherry cola as I thought it would be easy but the size of the shot was huge and it was definitely not easy to shot back but I did.
Especially liked the popcorn to nibble on whilst we were at our table.
I will 100% be returning here!!

1  Thank SH05059