Open today: 10:30 am - 11:00 pm

Decent chain pub

Reviewed 24 September 2017
Scott I
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 April 2018

My very unpleasant experience chimes strongly with that of disabled reviewer Stephanie Willow, whose review appears below. I asked for a refund on a packet of crisps that were soft. I asked politely for a replacement pack. I was refused a refund on the grounds that I had opened the pack (!), and that I had been rude to the manager (I most definitely hadn't). The manager then refused to serve me and when I asked for an explanation I was barred for the pub. At no point was I in any way rude or raise my voice. The pub seems to have a really unpleasant management with a very big chip on their shoulder. I would suggest you avoid this pub like the plague and instead visit another of St Albans many friendly establishments.

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank RichTea547
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Since last visit appears to have been spruced up. Seems brighter and cleaner. Toilet a definite improvement. Ordered 2 meals for £10.50, better deal than 2 sandwiches. The background music was very loud had to move to another table, maybe it was more for the young staff than the clientele!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Good service, decent pint, good range of offering, fantastic beer garden - impressive! Food pretty good, overall good for a chain pub...lacks atmosphere unfortunately and doesn't stay on top of showing the sport advertised.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Came here Saturday for a couple of beers, doorman was probably the friendliest doorman I have ever been greeted by!
Drinks prices were reasonable and service was quick and efficient.
Had football on here, TVs were decent, nice outside area also.
Couldn't be a bit cleaner in here.
Good pub to start a night out in and work your way up the street.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Good for watching sport but thats about it. Food is honestly disgraceful and way below that of the other pubs in the area. Service is slow and busy.

We have found a new local that shows the sport we want so will not be back.

Date of experience: December 2016