“Family visit to The Blacksmiths Arms”
Review of Blacksmith Arms

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Thought we’d have a nice pub meal & drink at The Blacksmiths. Got the drinks in & went to order food. Not sure which was the longest list, what they did have or what they didn’t have. I must admit the the burger I had was ok but really fancied steak no how about fish & chips no. The pie one of us had was tough & the 2 chicken burgers were awful, very tough to bite through. Not that many staff on duty & a mountain of glasses & bottles on the tables in the garden waiting to be collected.Service was ok but please do it with a smile.Can’t say I’ll rush back.

1  Thank PhilMerridan

Reviewed 12 April 2018

My very unpleasant experience chimes strongly with that of disabled reviewer Stephanie Willow, whose review appears below. I asked for a refund on a packet of crisps that were soft. I asked politely for a replacement pack. I was refused a refund on the grounds that I had opened the pack (!), and that I had been rude to the manager (I most definitely hadn't). The manager then refused to serve me and when I asked for an explanation I was barred for the pub. At no point was I in any way rude or raise my voice. The pub seems to have a really unpleasant management with a very big chip on their shoulder. I would suggest you avoid this pub like the plague and instead visit another of St Albans many friendly establishments.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Since last visit appears to have been spruced up. Seems brighter and cleaner. Toilet a definite improvement. Ordered 2 meals for £10.50, better deal than 2 sandwiches. The background music was very loud had to move to another table, maybe it was more for the young staff than the clientele!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Good service, decent pint, good range of offering, fantastic beer garden - impressive! Food pretty good, overall good for a chain pub...lacks atmosphere unfortunately and doesn't stay on top of showing the sport advertised.