“Good for watching sport....otherwise poor!”
Review of Blacksmith Arms

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Good for watching sport but thats about it. Food is honestly disgraceful and way below that of the other pubs in the area. Service is slow and busy.

We have found a new local that shows the sport we want so will not be back.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

Although The Blacksmith Arms is a very old building the interior is pretty soleless. Service on the particular evening I'm reviewing was efficient but not particularly friendly. We had Prosseco served warm and a fish platter to,share as a snack which was edible but nothing special. The place is average in every way.mthere are much better places to eat and drink in St.Albans.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Bands play here on Friday and Saturday nights. Usually good, lively atmosphere. Wide range of beers in this pub including real ales. They serve food too. Nice beer garden outside but obviously you need the weather to appreciate it.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 19 April 2015

I have always enjoyed coming here but have been very disapointed as a vegi there is never that much choice. I have found my choice even more limited as my food choice has sold out and its only 12.20 on Sunday.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 November 2014 via mobile

I was staying at a Premier Inn on business near this pub and I thought I'd try it for my evening meal. Ordered a steak which was cooked as requested and delicious. Washed down with a nice real ale of which there a plenty to choose from. A nice relaxing pub which does good food.