“Good steak and good ale”
Review of Blacksmith Arms

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 14 November 2014 via mobile

I was staying at a Premier Inn on business near this pub and I thought I'd try it for my evening meal. Ordered a steak which was cooked as requested and delicious. Washed down with a nice real ale of which there a plenty to choose from. A nice relaxing pub which does good food.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Apparently they practice discrimination against disabled people.

I visited the pub to meet with a friend. Found my friends sitting in the garden, as it was packed to capacity inside the building.

Made my way to the bar, purchased a pint of beer, then was stopped on my way back to the garden.

My beer was confiscated, and I was asked to leave the premises.

I asked why, what was wrong …. my answer was “We don't serve Bi-Polar people here”!

The staff had no way of knowing my personal medical history. My behaviour was impeccable, and I am extremely upset by this.

I was not offered any refund for the untouched beer!

I was not permitted to say goodbye to my friends, who were going to give me a lift home, and was escorted off the premises. Since I do not have a mobile phone, did not have enough money for a bus, train, or taxi home – I found myself to be in a very vulnerable, dangerous situation regarding my long journey home!

As I am nearly 60 years old and slightly disabled I found this experience to be humiliating, cruel, and unjust.

3  Thank stephaniewillow
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Took advantage of two meals for the £9.45 offer. I had a classic burger and chips. My colleague had sausage and mash. The chips came out hot and nicely cooked as was the burger.

The sausage and mash was also good apparently.

Staff were were cheerful, polite and well turned out. All in all, a pleasant atmosphere. For a fiver each, absolutely no complaints. Give it a whirl.