Open today: 10:30 am - 11:00 pm
Review Highlights
Lunch time visit

Since last visit appears to have been spruced up. Seems brighter and cleaner. Toilet a definite... read more

Reviewed 18 January 2018
debahayter
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
via mobile
Decent chain pub

Good service, decent pint, good range of offering, fantastic beer garden - impressive! Food pretty... read more

Reviewed 24 September 2017
Scott I
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Apparently they practice discrimination against disabled people.

I visited the pub to meet with a friend. Found my friends sitting in the garden, as it was packed to capacity inside the building.

Made my way to the bar, purchased a pint of beer, then was stopped on my way back to the garden.

My beer was confiscated, and I was asked to leave the premises.

I asked why, what was wrong …. my answer was “We don't serve Bi-Polar people here”!

The staff had no way of knowing my personal medical history. My behaviour was impeccable, and I am extremely upset by this.

I was not offered any refund for the untouched beer!

I was not permitted to say goodbye to my friends, who were going to give me a lift home, and was escorted off the premises. Since I do not have a mobile phone, did not have enough money for a bus, train, or taxi home – I found myself to be in a very vulnerable, dangerous situation regarding my long journey home!

As I am nearly 60 years old and slightly disabled I found this experience to be humiliating, cruel, and unjust.

Date of experience: August 2014
4  Thank stephaniewillow
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Took advantage of two meals for the £9.45 offer. I had a classic burger and chips. My colleague had sausage and mash. The chips came out hot and nicely cooked as was the burger.

The sausage and mash was also good apparently.

Staff were were cheerful, polite and well turned out. All in all, a pleasant atmosphere. For a fiver each, absolutely no complaints. Give it a whirl.

Date of experience: January 2014