Sopwell House(St Albans)
USD 247
USD 171
Official Site
USD 64
The White Hart Hotel(St Albans)(Great Value!)
USD 83
USD 75
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 119/night.

Premier Inn St Albans City Centre Hotel(St Albans)(Great Value!)
USD 69
  • Restaurant
USD 210
Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans(St Albans)(Great Value!)
USD 84
USD 82
Priceline
USD 60
PremierInn.com
Fleuchary House No. 29(St Albans)(Great Value!)
USD 104
USD 84
PremierInn.com
All reviewsrailway linewedding receptioncooked breakfastplenty of parkingfamily roomwedding venuefull english breakfastbooked this hotelmain buildingbit datedtown centrelovely mealbreakfast was excellentone night stayno liftfollowing morningjoe
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Being a family of 5, we booked a family room for 2 nights as this is a great location to explore St Albans and the Harry Potter studio tour. Staff were welcoming and friendly and engaged with the kids. Food in the restaurant was excellent with a huge choice. Breakfast was good. Room 27 was fine, a bit dated and not massive but fine for our needs, and we were not bothered by the train as mentioned in other reviews. Shower great and bathroom clean. So far, so good....Unfortunately one of the duvets on a single bed was not clean at all and looked as if something had been spilt on it, and the same applied to the valence. I dropped an earring and had to move the double bed...yuk, clearly no hoovering recently there! I didn't mention this upon checking out as I felt I had already annoyed the lady at reception by asking to see the restaurant bill before I paid the overall bill, which was a handwritten affair of the room total plus the restaurant total. She produced a large envelope of (I assume) receipts and said it was the end of the month. All was resolved when Joe turned up who kindly reprinted the food receipt for me so I could check it. Overall we enjoyed the stay, but would recommend a bit more attention to cleanliness in the room.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Ardmore hotel with my two children. One being a baby. The hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming and could not do enough for us. The room was very clean and we had a comfortable stay. The food is delicious in the belverdere restaurant and highly recommended. I will be going back to visit the restaurant. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay and would recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2017

A terrible hotel - worn out, outdated and filthy.

As soon as you walk in you get an impression of the place. It's like a timewarp to a bad seaside hotel in the 80's. The place needs fully renovating and updating. The room I was given was filthy. Curly hairs all around and across the toilet, shower and bathroom floor. Toothpaste residue and a piece of floss in the basin, debris all over the carpet and stained bedsheets.

I asked to be moved and the second room was at least clean but it was the size of a shoe box. The paint was flaking off the radiator in the bathroom and the window frames, there were stains and splashes up the walls and doors and the bed was so uncomfortable I barely slept. Their plumbing is bad. The red tap (or at least what was left of it as the whole tap wasn't there!!) gave me hot water. The blue tap gave me warm water. Where was the cold?? Obviously the pipes run very closely together through the system. Couple that with the noise from the freight trains that pass by the hotel all through the night and it's a bad mix.

The bar area was awful with that horrible stale alcohol stink that you get when cleaning doesn't happen. The barman spent all of his time leaning on the counter chatting at reception instead of looking after the bar. If I was paying his wages I'd expect him to be working even if he didn't have any customers, especially when it the bar so obviously needs cleaning!!!!

Breakfast was overcooked and swimming in grease. I ate half of it but felt nauseas all morning as a result. On leaving the hotel and walking to my car, there was loads of food stored out in the open uncovered (next to the trollies that appear to have been stolen from Morrisons). Maybe this was just a food delivery that was waiting to be taken inside but why leave it outside at all?

One thing that confuses me is that somebody is clearly putting a lot of time, effort and money into making the outside of the hotel look nice. A total contrast to the rest of the place and I don't understand why do one and not the other?

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank BigAndy1980
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I arranged a surprise 80th birthday celebration for my husband & it exceeded my expectations. From the wonderful Prosecco & canapés on arrival to the delicious 4 course meal, I could not fault anything. The tables were set out beautifully in the private room which was bright & decorated to a high standard. The staff were fantastic and very attentive. Several guests stayed the night and we all agreed how clean & comfortable the rooms were. There was every amenity you could need. The breakfast the following morning was great with a choice of Continental or full breakfast. We all had full breakfast which was extremely tasty & not greasy. I can't thank Joe & his staff enough for everything & for making my husband's birthday so special. I would not hesitate to recommend Ardmore House & The Belvedere Restaurant to anyone. A really fabulous time was had by all.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Nice hotel in a convenient location. Only a 10 minute walk to the main shopping area. Biggest downside was that our room was on the same side as the railway line and the trains are very frequent making getting to sleep a little difficult. Be sure to ask for a room away from the train line if this would be a problem for you. Rooms clean and very well presented. Bathroom very small but also clean. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was good with a small but satisfactory choice. Wifi was not working on our first night but when we asked about it the next day, they fixed it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple