Sopwell House(St Albans)
USD 247
USD 171
Official Site
USD 64
The White Hart Hotel(St Albans)(Great Value!)
USD 83
USD 75
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 119/night.

Premier Inn St Albans City Centre Hotel(St Albans)(Great Value!)
USD 69
  • Restaurant
USD 210
Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans(St Albans)(Great Value!)
USD 84
USD 82
Priceline
USD 60
PremierInn.com
Fleuchary House No. 29(St Albans)(Great Value!)
USD 104
USD 84
PremierInn.com
All reviewsrailway linewedding receptioncooked breakfastplenty of parkingfamily roomwedding venuefull english breakfastbooked this hotelmain buildingbit datedtown centrelovely mealbreakfast was excellentone night stayno liftfollowing morningjoe
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We have just a weekend at the Ardmore and found the accommodation to a good quality. The rooms was clean and well presented. We looked at eat at the hotel in the evening but decided to eat in St Albans to get a feel of the city. The breakfast was a very good standard. I have a thing about a cooked breakfast being hot, and safe to say, this did not disappoint.
Overall we had a good stay at the Ardmore and should we need to stay close to the North of London again will definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I am here for 2 nights, I am writing this review after my first night, sat on the 'bed'. My bad experience started when I checked in, the customer before me was offered a 'complimentary upgrade upon check in, I stated to rub my hands together thinking I was in for the same treatment - unfortunately for me, no such joy. 'Oh well' I thought. I was then checked in by a very helpful man who walked me to the area of the hotel I was staying in.....

I got to my room - seeing as it was only me and the booking was made through work I was in a single room (hence why I was hoping for an upgrade). The room was tiny, half of the room not much wider than a single bed. The bathroom is even tighter for space, I had to remember not to get up off the toilet to quickly or I'd hit my head on the sloped roof. The shower was terrible, temperature done what it pleased, shower head was limp and I had to offer myself up to it in order to wash. All in all the room facilities were very disappointing.

But the worst part of all was by far the bed. The mattress was very soft, the quilts bareable but the pillows were not fit for purpose. I prefer to use two pillows myself, however, this wasn't possible. Seeing as each pillow was little a ballow, I think they were inflatable or something......put two on top of one another and it felt like I was on a boat. Rocking all over the place. It's safe to say I haven't slept very much here.

Thankfully, this trip is being paid from by my company, had I had booked and paid for it myself I would have gone down to reception after spending five minutes in bed and asked for my money back.

Personally I would say that if you are looking for somewhere to stay on your own and are thinking of a single room, avoid this place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Dean T
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

On a recent visit to family in St Albans we stayed a couple of nights at the Ardmore.

Ideally located and only a short walk into St Albans. There is ample free car parking at the rear next to the gardens.
Breakfast was very good and the staff very efficient and friendly. The breakfast room opens up into the gardens. The weather was fantastic (fathers day weekend) so nice to sit out.
Our room was on the front. Nice decor and sized room. A few steps down to the dressing area and bathroom. Had to keep sash windows open in both rooms to get airflow. Probably the hottest weekend for years.
Very good price especially after free upgrade. If we revisit our relatives will defiantly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We stayed here for just one night to attend a funeral in London. The hotel is located not far from the town centre and has its own free parking. Unfortunately, the room we were given was little more than a box with twin beds. Dark and stuffy, the only daylight sneaked in through a small window under the fire escape overlooking a tiny yard walled in on 3 sides. The wardrobe doors were stiff and it lacked a door handle. And the shower unit controls worked only with some determined pressure from the user.
The TV wasn't working on arrival, but the very helpful receptionist sorted that for us.
We ate in the restaurant, where we had a good meal in very pleasant surroundings served by helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: I can only say, don't accept room 104: it's a box with almost no daylight or fresh air.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Stayed overnight on a Saturday. Received a very warm welcome from Lazarus, who looked after us extremely well throughout our visit. Although room was small, it was very clean and very nice. Food very good. Hotel has plenty of parking space and a lovely, very well kept garden. If we are in the area again, we will make sure we book this hotel. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family