“FANTASTIC! AUTHENTIC ITALIAN FOOD”
Review of L'Italiana

L'Italiana
Ranked #13 of 362 Restaurants in St Albans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Fabulous authentic Italian food, excellent service and lovely atmosphere! A little gem of Italy in St Albans. This was mine and my family’s second visit and I had the Linguine with Chilli and Prawn for my main which had just the right balance of chilli, my husband had the Bolognese and my son had the Lasagne. I would highly recommend all three dishes. The restaurant is a family run business and the restaurant’s pride and warmth is really reflected through the excellent customer service shown by all staff. A word of advice, book early as the restaurant gets booked up very quickly. We’ll be back soon!

3  Thank PJC1983

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had a fab lunch.
Staff very friendly, great atmosphere and of course the food was amazing! Traditional Italian food.
Great value.

1  Thank UK348
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is rated second best in St Albans and not without good reason.

This is a cozy restaurant near the clock tower in St Albans, with a plain and simple interior but warm atmosphere.

The menu has a very wide range of Italian dishes, and great selection of complementary wines. This is an Italian owned and run place so it’s the real deal.

We were in a large family group and between us tried quite a few different dishes.

The pizzas are excellent - thin crust but really loaded with tasty toppings. The pasta dishes were rich and flavorful - especially the cannelloni.

And I enjoyed the fegato alla Venezia- calves liver with onions and fresh vegetables.

The staff were friendly and efficient and the bill was very reasonable indeed.

Need to book as the place is always full.

If you like real Italian food this place is a must.

2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Oh yes, this really ticks all my boxes. It'a a bit crowded as it's small and really popular - we were lucky to get a table on spec on a Sunday around 4PM so I recommend booking in advance. Simple, no-nonsense Italian food cooked to order, and best of all as far as I know, not part of a chain. Given the choice between supporting a local business or supporting yet another branch of a celebrity chef's vanity project, we gave it a go and were not disappointed. Pasta like silk, generous pizza, and best of all, cooked and served by people who seem personally invested in the business and who care.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Honest, traditional Italian food. Went you go in, the smell makes you hungry straight away.My husband and I have eaten there several times , the pizzas and calzone are yummy and generously portioned. The sea food pasta is excellent, they make the best pasta carbonara I have ever eaten... Great service, nice wine selection, lovely atmosphere and great food, what else can you ask for?

1  Thank Ana B