All reviewshigh streetfish cakescreaking floorboardsteddy bear on the bedjacuzzi and steam roomsmall gymlight lunchhistoric hotelservice with a smileolde worldetraditional hotelwhite buildinglovely old hotelold coaching innold world charmcar parkold building
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My wife and I chose this venue for our wedding reception because of its reputation in the county. And it certainly did not disappoint. If anyone is thinking of where to book their wedding then I'd say book here. You will not be disappointed. Everything in the past year from arranging to the day itself was flawless and Mary (management and assisting us with our wedding) was incredibly helpful from the start. We didn't know where to start when it came to organising our wedding but her passion and knowledge for this business just made the whole lead up and day run like clockwork. She was flexible to our needs also.

The staff were superb, incredibly hard working and polite. Edward (management) was superb in the evening as well. The staff could not do enough for us - at breakfast as well. Just goes to show the level of service and professionalism. The high level of service was not just confined to our wedding reception, This is how they are 100% of the time.

I have read a few reviews about the cost of the food and rooms at this hotel. First of all the cost of our reception was extremely reasonable. No room hire charge, nor waiter service charge - all we paid for was exactly what we ate and drink. Considering all the hard work Mary and the staff did in setting out our room at Quills, taking time in assisting us to organise it you will genuinely not get much better value for money. We looked at other venues that were not in the same league of quality as The Feathers and they were offering far less for an awful lot more money. The quality of the food was outstanding and everyone of our party particularly expressed their liking for the food. Breakfast was also excellent. The cost of the rooms may seem a little higher than the average hotel room, but with this you get unprecedented character, charm and pure uniqueness that I have never seen at any other hotel. If you want cheap then stay at the Travelodge in Hereford. But if you want character, charm, quality food & service then look no further than The Feathers.

We had Eve's Cottage for 2 nights and this place is a little gem. If you want to treat yourself then I highly recommend this,

We didnt use the health spa ourselves but others in our party did and thoroughly enjoyed it.

So to conclude, if you are thinking of where to have your wedding (they have a licence for this too), or just a meal/weekend away then do not look past The Feathers. Thank you again.

Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Nickolai
Reviewed 5 May 2012

A little gem of a restaurant ... during the day the Fuggles brasserie is the focus of activity in the hotel. Warm log fires, friendly local staff and a broad wide-ranging menu. Strong, flavoursome meats - Herefordshire beef, Monmouthshire duck and Woodland pork ... as well as fish, salads and lighter bites. Accommodating chef, excellent wine list (extensive) and great value for money. We managed two courses and four glasses of wine (to try the list!) for £84.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

What a fantastic old historic building. The breakfast was exceptionnal too. Unfortunately our room was dated in 1980s way (I would have preferred 1780s in this hotel). The prints, wallpaper, carpets, light fittings and lamps are just not nice and certainly do nothing for the old building.

I felt the price of B&B for a three star hotel out of high season a bit excessive. If the room had been better I would not have minded. In the centre of Ledbury there is not much choice so I suppose that is what you pay.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen13
Reviewed 19 March 2012

First and foremost, I really enjoyed this hotel. It is full of olde worlde charm. Lots of winding staircases and uneven floors so if you in any way disabled you would need to check which room you are put in but overall very nice. The food in the on-site brasserie was excellent also as were the breakfasts and the staff were really friendly and helpful. I also really liked Ledbury - a very pretty and interesting little town set in some lovely countryside.

The only minus and the reason why I have give 4 stars rather than 5 is that I felt that the prices were just a bit higher than justified compared with other hotels of a similar quality.

That said, if you can get a deal or don't mind paying that bit extra, a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms are definately not wheelchair accessible - check with the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bluehill
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I was one of 9 of us who decided to meet for lunch at The Feather's in the delightful town of Ledbury. This was a chance for me to join the others for a school reunion among a group of us who went to school in Wolverhampton and who meet up occasionally when possible. On a cold blustery day in February the medieval oak-beamed venue was warm and inviting with good cafetiere coffee and drinks to warm us up. The menu was good local produce and of high quality and the open-fired restaurant full of happy people very enjoyable. I had the chicken lives and Woodland roast pork and thus was a fine combination of starter and main. The staff were all friendly and efficient and all was value for money. The hotel looks inviting and boasts a heated indoor pool so I shall definitely be coming back to try more!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends