“Disappointing ”

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Hereford
Price range: USD 3 - USD 15
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This looks better than it actually is - it appears to be yet another chain that probably used to produce high quality cakes etc - but now it turns out attractive yet bland mass produced goods. We tried a few cakes, served by friendly but untrained staff. The cakes were not bad, but they were in no way ‘individual’ and tasted ‘fresh from a delivery lorry’. I would recommend you skip this place as there are better options.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I went to patisserie Valerie for a coffee and some cake last week which is inside a debenhams.Before I walked through the door I was greeted by a cloud of smoke and lots swearing. I went to the counter and got served by a very pleasant young man who has a waist coat on he was very nice and offered me help choosing my cake and bringing over the tray.After I was seated the 2 men outside smoking came and sat near me much to my suprise these we're the managers of the patisserie and they stunk out the restaurant with the smell of smoke .They was both drinking coffee playing on there phones and laptop not doing much work while the chap in the waist coat was running round like a headless chicken doing all the work. I'm very disappointed as I visit this store once a month since it opened but after my experience I won't be returning here again because the new manager has his priorities wrong and shouldn't be in charge of a restaurant with behaviour like this.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

The afternoon tea for two includes a selection of finger sanwiches, a selection of cakes and scones and endless tea/coffee. Service was friendly and welcoming. Latte coffee was good. Forget that it is a cafe inside a Debenhams and enjoy an afternoon treat.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

If you want ot indulge yourself, try Patisserie Valerie. The cakes are georgeous and the coffee is decent.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

great for afternoon tea, or coffee and a cake. The range of cakes is very good and you will be tempted to buy again and again