“Noodle chain charm”

wagamama
Ranked #23 of 260 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I'll be upfront; not a fan of generic restaurant chains, however what Wagamama do, they do reasonably well.
Hardly the level and authenticity of a Malaysian street market, but they have amalgamated a number of Asian dishes into a reasonable facsimile of the real thing.
The bang-bang cauliflower was particularly tasty, the noodle dishes were fine. Overall a decent dining experience. Cost wise they are expensive - nearly five quid for a modest glass of fruit juice is cheeky. Not a fan of their principal of serving each dish as it is cooked - makes for a haphazard service. Talking of service, the staff were friendly and attentive. Don't like the school bench layout though.

Date of visit: August 2018
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

thanks so much for your kind review, dom. we are so glad to hear you enjoyed everything. we want to ensure the freshness of all our dishes + therefore they will be delivered to your table as soon as they are ready. this does mean that sometimes dishes may be delivered at different times - hopefully we will be seeing you again soon

Reviewed 21 August 2018

My sister and I visited here for some lunch and it was very quiet in the restaurant. We ordered some starters to share and they were really nice and the calamari dipping sauce was refreshing. For our mains I ordered a chicken and prawn Pad Thai which I can only describe as average, there were a lot of bean sprouts and the flavour was quite bland. My sister had the Yasai Yaki Soba she said the flavour was good but the noodles were chewy and tasted as if they had been sat out for a while. The food is alright, but for the money you would spend you could go somewhere else in Hereford.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank caroline310395
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

thanks for your review caroline. we really appreciate you getting in touch to provide this feedback + don't hesitate to leave any further details to | http://bit.ly/2168NiD

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We had visited Hereford to browse around the shops & get some provisions & after doing this we decided to go somewhere different for lunch so we went to Wagamama. The staff there are lovely & very helpful & give advice if required as to what to have to eat there. Being partial to curry I decided on having their Tama squid as a starter, then chose the prawn firecracker as a main. After as short while these arrived & were very tasty indeed & full of flavour. I just about had room for a portion of their yuzu + lemon tart which was delicious, after which I sat a while then paid the very reasonable bill & left.

Date of visit: August 2018

hi mike, thanks for leaving us this review. great to hear you felt the service was good + you enjoyed the dish you ordered. hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to Wagamama’s, very impressed with the food, we like Korean food but Japanese is new to us and we really enjoyed. The waitress said that our food would come out as and when as it’s cooked fresh so could guarantee that they would come out at the same time which was fine, they came out within 5 minutes of each other and we were both pleased with our meals, I had the teriyaki donburi with beef brisket which was so full of flavour and my boyfriend had the Chilli Ramen, deserts were great too, We had the banana katsu and chocolate layer cake, we also had the jasmine flowering tea, which was beautiful to watch and also tastes similar to roibos. Thanks to the girls who served us!
Loved it overall, will be returning!

Date of visit: August 2018
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

hi there, thank you for leaving us a 5* review, we will be sure to pass your comments along to the team

we hope to see you again to try some more of our delicious dishes!

many thanks

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Came in with friends for some lunch. Got to be the best wagamamas I’ve had. Really fresh, warm food and great service. I usually order the same thing every time (chicken katsu curry) but pushed myself with the chicken and prawn pad thai and it was delicious. Very delicate flavours and extremely filling! My friends enjoyed their food too and the atmosphere was great. Would definitely visit again. Highly recommend any of the steamed buns. Delicious!

Date of visit: August 2018
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

hey helen, great to hear you speak so highly of the food + good job for branching out to the pad thai this time, it sure is tasty! hope to see you all again!