“Perfect place.”

The Den
Ranked #3 of 240 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Using the best, locally sourced ingredients, The Den Restaurant serves hearty portions of British continental style food, with lashings of sauce and flavour! All who enter enjoy a bright and bouncing atmosphere, topped with a friendly & welcoming service.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great food, loads of choice, good prices, friendly welcoming staff. Good for any type of visit, from solo to groups!

Jade O, Owner at The Den, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate it. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was looking forward to going to the den as haven't been for about 9 months. Very disappointed. Sat at the table for about 20 mins and still no sign of a waitress to ask if I wanted a drink! They were too busy sat around a table chatting and on their smartphones! Not impressed. There was only 2 other people in the restaurant so it wasn't busy. Staff kept going in and out - I believe they are opening up some hot dog place next door. I would suggest they concentrate on the restaurant they already have otherwise they will have no customers left. Food was ok when we eventually got served but would not be going again due to the very poor service.

1  Thank here4duk

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear you had such a disappointing visit. I have passed on your comments to all of the team as this does not reflect the standards we aspire to.
We completely understand what you have said here and We are working on our customer service. We take your reviews very seriously and can assure you we are taking measure to prevent this happening in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went in for lunch expecting good things as friend recommended the Den. Not many in but still had a long wait to order. Pricey. Ordered cheese and chutney sandwich on brown with side of chips. Must have a special knife to cut the cheese so thin, and was spread with equally thin chutney. The bread was ok, chips were nice though. The side salad, from a bag, was not fresh, blemished leaves, and accompanied by nearly warm coleslaw with a odd sheen. Couldn’t face it! My wife had a lukewarm soup, and was equally unimpressed. Told the waitress, who looked surprised, but that was as far as they went for an apology. Won’t be returning.

1  Thank Silvercycler
Jade O, Owner at The Den, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Please accept out sincerest apology for the standard of food you received on your visit. Our quality of food is what we pride ourselves on so we let ourselves down last week. We are focusing on improving things going forward. I really hope this does not put you off in the future, please feel free to give me a call at the restaurant to discuss further.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took friends to The Den for lunch two weeks running.
It was fairly quiet but the drink and food was great.
Their sourdough open sandwiches are winners and the Meatball Pomodoro is excellent.
Their burgers were enjoyed by three of the diners and the local ales went well with the food.
I'm looking forward to trying food in The Dog House next door. I hope that they do a great Chicago hot dog.

1  Thank BoogieBopBruce
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I went here to try it in our lunch break.
Apart from us there was one old chap on his own and a table with a couple of girls.
The woman who was waiting brought over a menu promptly and came back about two minutes later to take our order. We weren’t ready and asked her to give us a couple more minutes.
We waited and waited.
She was talking to the girls at the other table so we asked some guy behind the counter what the soup of the day was. He didn’t know, so called to the chef who was in the kitchen - clearly visible from where we were sitting. He didn’t know!!!! Why? Because he was trying to work out what it was by looking in the boxes in the freezer.
IMO soup of the day means soup of that day, not some random day long gone. This is not freshly produced food ! Possibly not even made on site.
Anyway, at least 10 minutes has now elapsed so we got up and put on our coats. Even this didn’t elicit any comment or acknowledgement from the staff.
Rude, unwelcoming and definitely not a place we will set foot in again.
Hereford has some great food outlets, with friendly staff and fresh local produce - this isn’t one of them.

2  Thank SMC0904
Jade O, Owner at The Den, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am so sorry for the dreadful experience you had with us. It was the opening day of our new restaurant so everything was very chaotic. This is not an excuse though and we feel terrible that we painted ourselves in such a poor light. I really hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves. if you would like to give me a call at the restaurant I would be more than happy to discuss further