“Picnic Bench Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Had the picnic bench lunch and it was lovely, all the food was delicious, the staff were all very friendly and helpful, my only reason for not giving 5 stars is that a drink was not included with the bench meal, we’ve had picnic benches in other places and they have always included the drinks, it makes it a bit pricey when you buy the drinks on top, the bench does come with a mini bottle of Vimto and a small Gin cocktail shot but you do need a separate drink as well.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We went for a birthday meal and had picnic benches for a large group of us.

Whilst the food was OK, it wasn't worth the money. The tables are too small for the benches so you end up eating from your plate underneath it and the sweets were about two thirds of your food with the mains making up one third meaning it was all very sickly. It felt like the money we paid was just for the novelty of renting a mini bench with less than average food.

The benches are a novelty that a lot of people would like to try but we won't be having them again.

2  Thank jj20112011
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

I have visited previously for a birthday treat and when my friends suggested visiting, I jumped at the chance as it was some much fun before.

The picnic bench was different this time as they change it for every season. I would recommend not having breakfast, I struggled to finish it all and ended up taking cakes home. Lovely idea and will come again

1  Thank mogs2
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We went to the bush inn in Hereford for picnic bench after seeing the pictures and reviews. We booked for a friday lunchtime, when we arrived the parking area was full and had to park on the side of a lane. We were told that we would have to sit inside as all the outside tables were full which was acceptable.
We ordered a drink from the bar and like previous reviewers were charged extra for this , it is a bit much to be charged for this as the bench was £16 ish each. Our bench arrived and the bench is for 2 people to share, bottom layer savoury and top sweet. The mini beef burger was thick and bland in flavour, however the sausage and curry sauce was very nice . The desserts were in small shot glasses and tasted very similar and the cakes on it disappointing.
All together it cost us £36 for 2 which is very expensive for what it is .

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank snappy01
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for 6pm on 8/09/18. We arrived at 5:50. Shown straight to our table. Ordered drinks at the table, the picnic bench was brought within a few minutes. It doesn’t look very much on the bench as they are small portions. BUT this is very deceiving.
There was nothing on the bench that was not delicious. I left feeling very full. Service was great and the staff although busy were still polite and happy.
Yes I would return.
My only negative would be the area we were seated was very small to get too. Had I been a larger lady I would not have got to my table.