“Fantastic lunch”
Review of Cellar Door

Cellar Door
Ranked #14 of 254 Restaurants in Hereford
Price range: USD 6 - USD 45
Description: Cellar Door is an independent bar and bistro. Our bistro menu offers a selection of sharing boards, steaks and many other delicious options prepared from scratch by our in house chefs. . The bistro serves between 12pm and 9pm Wednesday to Saturday and Lunch between 12pm and 4pm on Sundays. The bar is open for drinks Wednesday - Sunday offering a great selection of wines, local products and fresh cocktails.
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Had the most wonderful lunch today. Fresh, crisp, green veggies, creamy cauliflower cheese, roasties, Yorkshire pud and the best nut roast ever. Properly nutty, satisfying and beautifully seasoned. Hubby had a lovely cut of tender pink beef. Started with smoked salmon and a smooth, lightly spiced soup with sourdough and finished with a gorgeous prune frangipane plus coffee. Presentation delightful, service excellent and the roaring log fire in this quirky, welcoming venue was perfect. Superb!

2  Thank Marcia H

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I'd heard good things about Cellar Door both from reviews on here and from others. Unfortunately on this visit I was very disappointed.

Price wise the cost of a number of the items on the menu are what I'd expect from London and the surrounding commuter belt, not a city in the Midlands. However I thought superb quality of food, and excellent cooking would make the cost more palatable. This wasn't the case for me.

The charcuterie board was overpriced for the limited selection of meats, the steak (though perfectly cooked) was lacking in taste and the peppercorn sauce was as runny as water and equally bland. The sorbets for dessert were also do-so as I failed to find them particularly tasty or refreshing.

I will say that the others in the party seemed to enjoy the food, and the atmosphere was very pleasant throughout. The staff were polite and cleared plates and refilled drinks quickly, I certainly couldn't fault them.

I'd eat here again, but I'd lower my expectations somewhat (and expand my budget).

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Cellar Door has just won the Best Eating Out award with Visit Herefordshire, so decided to pop along. What a wonderful experience with great service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

This is a big bar/restaurant, friendly service and interesting food but the portions are too small and it is a bit expensive.

2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Stopped here at Sunday lunchtime when they have limited choice set menu. Starters and puddings sounded lovely, but we only wanted a main course. Roast pork and roast beef may seem a bit ordinary but the meat was tasty and tender, and all accompaniments and veg were perfectly cooked and delicious. A real cut above usual Sunday roast. Good choice of wines, cocktails and beers; friendly professional staff. And as an added bonus we sat out on their sunny roof terrace. Inside the decor was stylish without being too stark. Wished we lived nearer as would then go often.