“Excellent second stay! Love it!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of two bare feet

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Luisa K
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent second stay! Love it!”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 for a stay in September 2016

A second stay for me in this lovely accommodation - this time staying with friends. We stayed in the same room - "The Waiting Room" - and was not disappointed.

So close to town so a dream position. Fantastic stay with friends for a good girly catch up - The Everyman cinema at top of town was fabulous (wine & pizza during a film!) and definitely go to the Palm Pan Asia thai restaurant at bottom of the high street (with a cheeky cocktail in the Pitcher and Piano opposite before!)

Thank you Hannah, again!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Tammy M
“Superb location and stay”
Reviewed 6 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

From the moment we booked we had a good feeling about it. The owner Hannah sent an informative email about checking in process, the accommodation and parking as well as restaurant options in Winchester. This thoughtful pre check in service was just a taster of the stay itself. We found the parking behind the property easily thanks to Hannah's clear email directions. Yes the parking is tight but as long as you follow the instructions you'll get into the space without issue and you enter the property with a key code.
The accommodation is a small house split into 3 beautifully arranged apartments, with a high ceiling communal lounge and kitchen space for everyone's use. The kitchen has all you need for self catering and you are even provided with some essential breakfast bits which are free such as tea, coffee, eggs, bread and butter. A real bonus for self catering we felt! There's also an 'honesty bar' of other breakfast bits such as luxury cereal, pots of jam and honey, herbal tea, hot chocolate and my favourite...Nutella! There's even a small selection of toiletries to buy if you've forgotten any. These extra touches really made us feel we were in luxury boutique hotel!
We were fortunate to stay in Room 101 which has separate living room on ground floor with en suite off it. The living room is furnished with velvet feel turquoise sofa and nice flat screen TV and floor lamps so you can have more subtle lighting rather than just overheads. The en suite is reminiscent of Thai or Balinese bathrooms...carved like wooden floors, dark wood surround and open wet room shower which is wonderfully powerful! There is no bath but we're shower people so not bothered at all particularly as shower was so good. Toiletries are provided including shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion. A nice luxury touch is the inclusion of shower robes so you can properly relax together with huge fluffy towels!
Upstairs is a loft space with white wooden flooring and a lovely big bed and very comfy pillows! Again lots of lamps so it's not dark as well as a provided hairdryer which I always find helpful and lots of electric points for phone charger etc without having to pull out lights or have your phone across the room.
The heating and ventilation is great and Hannah helpfully left instructions of how to use them in case it wasn't to our desired temperature.
The location is second to none. You're on Parchment Street...bang in middle of city and full of nice independent shops. Although you have to pay a bit to park it's nothing compared to price of city car parks. Even though so centrally located it's very quiet so we had great nights sleep.
Overall we can't recommend highly enough. We originally looked at booking a chain hotel which was overpriced and basic but after bit of research found this instead and we're delighted we did. Not only was it a much better stay but it's great to support independent venues and that's clearly something they're trying to maintain in Winchester. Hannah was a great host and was attentive over email to answer any questions we had despite it being her day off. We realised she also runs the luxury boutique bed and breakfast opposite which from the website looked equally superb and if the same close attention to detail that has been applied to Two Bare Feet is there then you'd be so fortunate to stay in either property. We're definitely going to return!

Management Response
6 Oct 2016
Hi Tammy

Thank you for coming to stay at two bare feet and for leaving such a wonderfully complimentary review of your time here. I am happy to here you noticed all the little details provided and that you enjoyed exploring Winchester. It is a wonderful town and we really are trying to maintain the 'independent' so I am glad it has been noted =)

I hope to welcome you back to stay another time.

All the very best

Hannah x
Lorna E
“Love and hate.”
Reviewed 21 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Simply put. We loved it and we hated leaving.

I booked last minute, when deciding on a spontaneous trip to suprise my fiancée. I couldn't believe my luck when this place was still available!

We have a love for unique places to stay, and finding somewhere that fits the bill is usually a challenge. Not helped by spontineity.

So when looking the night before our trip, I had nearly reached the point of no return when I unexpectedly stumbled across this little gem, when looking at the sister B&B Hannah's.. neither of which I found on booking.com or Google when looking for 'cool places to stay in Winchester', I should have.

An excellent location, nestled in a small side road, merely 5 minutes walk from the center of town, Two Bare Feet felt like home from the moment we walked in. Beautifully crafted, it feels modern but not clinical, it feels cosy but not old or over cluttered. The kitchen is well equipped and as the website suggests there is everything you need to make a full English or a Sunday roast. With the coffee, honesty tray and fresh eggs we were set.

We stayed in 'the little house', the smallest of the rooms - but still big enough and it didn't disappoint. With bright walls and floor, the industrial hand rails, there was a mixture of old and new like it shouldnt have worked... but it definiyely did!

The downstairs seating area was comfy, with enough space to sit and read or get ready at the dressing table. Intially the TV seem oddly placed, however it did swivel so you could view it from sofa.
The bathroom felt huge with its tall ceiling and massive shower! Nicely furnished with organic toiletries, thick fluffy towels, robes and flannels.
The stairs to mezzanine made a very cool hanging area for clothes with preferred rails and a few hangers. Slightly reminiscent of a pinterest life hack - we loved it!

The king-size cabin bed made us feel like a kids again! The pillows were to die for, which meant we both slept like babies too. With the low ceiling and string lights it made a wonderful cubby hole.

The room is VERY warm.. there is a thermostat but it didn't seem to make a difference. It was constantly around 23-25c.. thankfully there was a fan provided that was perfect for keeping us cool at night.

The only niggle for me, was the parking.. thankful that there was a space for us, as parking in Winchester is very limited, I couldn't help but feel £10 for the 2nights was a little unjust. As I was paying for it I thought perhaps it was street parking that had been reserved, but actually it was outside the front door, in the forecourt of the hotel. It is very well documented that parking is limited and recommend for cars of a certain length as it is tight. But honestly it was nervously tight for me, especially in the dark. Thankfully we met Hannah as we were pulling up and she skillfully reversed the car in for us the second time. And allowed us to park differently the second night.

Overall we had a great time, and we didn't want to leave. Thank you for a great stay!!

Lisa L
“Hidden Treasure ”
Reviewed 15 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed at Two Bare Feet for a weekend for a friend's wedding that was held nearby!

It was a last minute find, but it was the best find EVER!! We stayed in one of the rooms called The Waiting Room, which is laid out as a mezzanine with the bathroom and "sitting room" on the bottom and the bedroom above, enclosed in a glass room that has a lovely view on a Church building in the back!

The entire building is so gorgeous and leaves you with a lovely "homey" feel - almost like coming home to Mom&Dad's for the weekend! The decorations are based on a country home with an extremely elegant bathroom and comfortable sitting room! The bed is absolutely TO DIE FOR! The sheets were crisp, yet soft with a fluffy down duvet! It was a horrible struggle to leave that bed to go to my friend's wedding!!!

The communal kitchen is well-stocked with all necessities for you to cook up a storm! I especially enjoyed the little Nespresso coffee machine!!

We also had the pleasure of meeting Hannah herself upon our arrival - she was an absolutely lovely host who was extremely helpful and welcoming! Her arrival instructions (e-mail) was very detailed and easy to follow!

As for parking, we did not need to use any parking as this place is located within easy walking distance from the train station and a stone's throw to the city centre! However, I would advise people to book the parking early - as the space was rather small!

So in conclusion - I would highly recommend this place!! It's so lovely, I would absolutely even love to own a place like this one day to call my home!

Richard W
London, United Kingdom
“Boys weekend away”
Reviewed 3 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I organised a weekend away for my best friends stag party in the beautiful city of Winchester. While I am sure 'two bare feet', was not intended for what we used it for it was, in-fact absolutely perfect. This house is ideal for a small group of friends going away for a few days.
It is absolutely gorgeous and perfectly located with less than a 5 minute walk to the city centre and a perfect location for enjoying some of the fantastic pubs that Winchester has to offer. Hannah met us on arrival, showed us around and was extremely accommodating of all our needs. The house was much more spacious than we though, had true character, was immaculately clean and all things required were thought of (including a coded door, which was very useful for a large group. There is parking available, you can just squeeze 3 cars in, but it is a squeeze however the car park near has chap parking provided you can remember o top up the meter. However if you have less cars this area can double up as a nice sun trap.
I couldn't speak more highly of two bare feet. We had a fantastic time and would certainly come back!

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing