“Lovely food, ambiance and staff!”
Review of THE GOLDEN LION

THE GOLDEN LION
Ranked #11 of 214 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This Is A Pub Restaurant With The More On Restaurant Than Pub Imacultate In Everyway Food Garden Even Bowl Of Flowers In Ladies Toilets",look On There Web Site" A Very Good Place To Eat For Visiting Tourists,not Cheap Very Well Run
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

From reservation to execution, this very beautiful Irish pub serves up a scrumptious Sunday roast lunch!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We found this pub by chance and what a find! The staff were absolutely lovely. Really welcoming and attentive. The food was plentiful and really tasty. My partner is a vegan and they even have a specific vegan menu which again is lovely.
The flowers in the gardens are amazing, the best we've ever seen in a pub.
We chatted to the landlady when we arrived and happened to mention we were there with my mum as a farewell lunch as we were about to go travelling for a year.
After we'd finished lunch the staff came over with a lovely cake with a big sparkler on and piped words wishing us a great time travelling. We were really taken aback by their kindness.
I wish this pub was our local, I cannot fault it in any way.
We will be back when we get home!

1  Thank Jane1971015
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Had a very good experience a few weeks ago, therefore went back with family and friends this week. Two of us ordered the steak which I had had last time, which was superb!! Sorry to say BOTH steaks were awful! Perfectly rare as ordered but TOUGH!!
Should have sent them back but service had been a little slow and did not want to wait for a replacement I did complain and got apologies. Will return as generally pleased but will not be so forgiving next time

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Lat day of holiday so pleased we found The Golden Lion made our holiday even better you may need to book great atmosphere staff are very attentive..

1  Thank Jon S
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I visited this beautiful quaint pub on Sunday with my family. The landlady and all the staff were just amazing, it was my sons birthday the weekend before, and after our delicious meal they brought out a birthday cake, thank you again for that!!