“Romantic getaway ”
Review of Piquant - CLOSED

Piquant
Description: Modern British BBQ, Bourbon, and Blues. Enjoy smoked and grilled dishes using local British produce. There are some fine craft beers, wines, and cocktails to accompany the fine food too!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

When I came her with my wife, me and her met the most amazing bar lady called Rhiannon. She was lovely and attentive and answered all are questions! 10/10 from us!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Post shopping beer and small plates. And never tried Piquant.

I was hoping for a draft craft beer but instead their range of Spanish lager. Uninspiring I think, but a change from the norm I guess. Then for the small plates. Roast cauliflower, padron peppers, calamari with aioli. They did feel a little reheated honestly.

The staff were welcoming enough.

Overall I felt disappointed. I will come back for dinner soon to see if I was just unlucky.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Popped in here for a cocktail pre-dinner elsewhere. We waited at the bar for at least 10 minutes before being served. It wasn't that busy to be honest but there were two people making cocktails... slowly! Another lady was chopping lots of limes! Two more staff appeared and began serving more people. The young guy who made my cocktail was rather slow and the tall slim glass was only 3/4 full. It was a good long island iced tea (or whatever they called it) but very expensive for such a small amount. We squeezed ourselves into a corner as didn't want to take seating as it also serves food, but we didn't stay long as it was rather loud. There was an upstairs but had no idea if there was seating or just toilets as it didn't say anywhere!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Cocktail skills were on point last night by Mr Louis Nelhams and the live music was just incredible in Piquant! Highly recommend visiting this gem within Winchester

Reviewed 25 March 2018

The downstairs restaurant was extremely loud. The food was over priced and poor value for money. We paid £170 for four of us which included one bottle of wine. Calling it Tapas seemed to be an excuse to produce tiny dishes for extortionate prices - Moroccan Lamb - £11.50 for three skewers with about three lumps of tough meat on each. Andalusian chicken - £10.00 for three bits of dry chicken with a few miserable pieces of chorizo thrown in. Chocolate Fondue - £10.00 for a cup of mediocre chocolate sauce service with a platter of dreary fruit and marshmallows. Very disappointed overall. The only good thing about it was service; efficient and friendly.

1  Thank Helen L