“A little gem on Shirley in Southampton”
Review of Puccinis

Puccinis
Ranked #62 of 959 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

What a great surprise. This little Trattoria presented outstanding meals to my wife and to me. It was in walking distance of our b&b.!! My wife’s “Chicken Colosseo” was tender and beautifully done. Fresh mushrooms, asparagus and fingerling potatoes were much more than ornamentation. Our waiter Robert was friendly and engaging and clearly pleased that we were so happy. I enjoyed terrific Pan-sautéed sea bass filets. The simple list was unpretentious but offered a great Rose for Ilona and a solid red wine for me. I highly recommend this fun restaurant. We are leaving for a cruise tomorrow and hope the ship’s meals meet Puccini’s standard.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Visited here on the recommendation of friends and was not disappointed
The food was very good and the portions were ample
There is a good choice of pasta, Pizzas, meat and fish and I liked the idea of the mini plates for a starter, the prawns were excellent
Wine was reasonably priced as was the food
There is an outside area but too close to the road and footpath for my liking
Staff were very attentive with a sense of humour
If it is your birthday you get a free meal, pity mine was the dAy after
Be warned the calzone pizzas are huge

Reviewed 6 August 2018

As it was my birthday last week my girlfriend booked a table at the restaurant for us and our families to celebrate it. The place was buzzing with people and the atmosphere was really good. The staff were very friendly and made me feel very special and the food was amazing, especially my steak, which was cooked perfectly to my order. The work of Chefs in there is too good to stay hidden for long. There’s no doubt a table at Puccini's will quickly become the hottest reservation in town!

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have recently visited Puccini’s restaurant in Shirley High Street. We were surprised how busy this place was on Tuesday night. Despite not having a table book the staff were really friendly and welcoming. They have managed to find us a table and serve our drinks and food quickly. We were the most impressed with they specialities dishes, being sea bass and tuna salad. The food was delicious and very good value for money! Definitely worth visiting this place whenever you feel hungry or slightly peckish

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Had a leaving party here, booked table for 8.10 and was hurried through the meal because they close at 10. The attitude of the waiter which is highly unlike him was of he Had been there since the morning so he needed some time off. I wondered how that line would work with my patients at the hospital where I work!! Not the best customer service you expect and it had a little bit of a downer on the evening. This is not the usual service that I get or expect however I felt it was good to give a balanced view as I have previously given an excellent review which is why I chose to go here to have my leaving party which you only get once and now I wish I had not. Wondered if it would have been different if the Manager had been there that evening.