Holiday Inn Southampton
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
USD 82*
USD 116*
USD 106*
Novotel
  • Pool
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
USD 64*
The Blue Keys(Southampton)
USD 92*
USD 90*
Hotels.com
USD 99*
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
USD 84*
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Pig in the Wall(Southampton)
USD 201*
  • Bar/Lounge
1,304 results
All reviewscruise terminalfloor to ceiling windowsseparate buildingpre cruise stayexecutive roommayflower parkreception staffbit datedstayed here for one nightisle of wightfollowing morningbuffet styleself servicetown centregood nights sleepbreakfast was excellentcar parking
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My wife and I do a lot of cruising and always stay overnight at The Holiday Inn, Herbert Walker Avenue, Southampton. They do a brilliant park and stay deal, that works out cheaper than parking in the official cruise car park.
The rooms are always clean and comfortable and we are usually given a room that overlooks the cruise terminal so we can see the ship come in early morning.
It is also close to town so one can do any last minute shopping if you have forgot something. I always do and have ended up going to M & S for swimming trunks, shoes etc. Also if you do not fancy eating in the hotel there are plenty of good restaurants close by.
Breakfast was buffet and very good, the food being hot and freshly cooked.
The staff were excellent and attended to all our needs and concerns.
I would say all in all an excellent hotel to base yourself for cruising from Southampton or visiting friend

Room Tip: For us the higher the better, with views over the docks and solent
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
jvs_12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Mr Mackenzie
Thank you for your very nice comments. To read your comments regarding the team here, the service and our restaurant at the Holiday Inn Southampton makes me feel very proud! We are indeed ideally located for some last minute holiday shopping and I am delighted to read you had an opportunity to fit this in. We hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
Regards

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed here prior to picking up a cruise at the nearby docks. Rooms are comfortable, breakfast decent.

The staff are friendly but seem rather "snobbish", gave me the impression it was a little to much trouble checking me in as i had used priority club points for a reward night and not a paying guest.

1  Thank stanleytraveller

Dear Mr Mcphee
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Holiday Inn Southampton. I am however sorry to read that you felt ‘un-welcomed’ by a member of our reception team, I assure you that this is not the usual standard and that we welcome all our guests whether they are our Priority Club Reward guest or non-member guest. Should you be staying in Southampton again in the future please feel free to contact me directly to make your reservation whereupon I look forward to have an opportunity to welcome you personally to the Hotel.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 31 August 2012

This hotel is in bad need of cleaning and a paint and tile and furniture and I can go on. I was worried when we pulled up and it did not get any better. The staff is great. We spent all of our time across the street at the DeVere Grand. Food was better, free internet. Charging for internet was really bad at the Holiday Inn. Would not stay her again

Room Tip: make sure you go across the street
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We typically pride ourselves in providing a high standard of comfort and hospitality to all our guests and it is with great regret to read you were disappointed with numerous aspects of your stay. I obviously have noted your comments and I like to assure you I will review these with my Management Team to ensure we not only improve on the areas you highlight but also to ensure we avoid similar occurrences happening again at some stage in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 30 August 2012

The room was bright and fresh - a window the size of the wall looked out over the docks where we could see both the Ocean and QE2 terminals for cruise ships. The other side of the hotel saw Mayflower and City. Comfortable beds and pillows, plus enough room to enjoy the armchairs and coffee table in the room.

Bathroom was OK. I wouldn't have liked to take a bath as there was hair in the plug hole for the whole week, so it couldn't have been cleaned, but for showering it was fine. The washbasin and toilet were always clean.

No safe or minibar in the room. Safe available in reception but not so convenient.

Most people stay here overnight for cruises but we were here for a week. What started as a functional week's stay soon turned into a lovely relaxing break, the atmosphere in the hotel is very nice - the staff are all lovely!

Food in the restaurant is delicious, and the chef was really flexible with our personalising of main courses! Drinks are expensive (£7 for a large glass of basic wine) and the service for drinks is slow, several nights we waited a very long time for drinks and were told that they had a bit of a run on the bar. For this to happen so regularly, there is a problem which needs to be addressed, but otherwise food is spot-on! I've never seen breakfast staff working so efficiently!

The health centre is across the car park in a separate building. Decent sized pool, gym and saunas. Used once and the sauna wasn't working which was a shame, but the jacuzzi was nice and it wasn't busy.

I would use this as a base if visiting Southampton again.

Room Tip: Front overlooks Ocean and QE2 terminals, the back overlooks City and Mayflower terminals ifyou are cruise spotting.

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Southampton hotel as a base for visiting the area for your week’s rest and relaxation. It is a great ‘base’ to enjoy, Southampton, Isle of Wight and the new Forest. Our vision at Holiday Inn is to operate Great Hotels Guest Love and judging by your feedback, I am pleased to read we did with perhaps the exception of our bar service, being slow at times for which I apologise most sincerely. Feedback like yours is invaluable to ensure that we do make all of our guests stay with us a memorable experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back at some future date!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Having at the last minute decided to treat my daughter, her partner and their three year old twins to a bank holiday weekend in Southampton, I was very concerned to find that there were no family rooms available on the Southampton HI website. However after a couple of emails and a phone call I received some excellent assistance from Reservation Clerk Jenna Brown who quickly sorted things out and a suitably large enough room was located at a reasonable price. Thanks Jenna-you're a star!
The family had a very enjoyable weekend, the twins liked the fact that they could see the boats from their bedroom window and the whole family enjoyed the leisure facilities.
The location was great.
They tell me that they would recommend this hotel to others and were particularly impressed with the overall friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sendumdown

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you and your family had a great bank holiday weekend and enjoyed the facilities here at the hotel. Your kind comment about Jenna being particularly helpful with your reservation request is much appreciated as well.
Kind regads