“Disappointing..considering the reviews I read!”
Review of Coriander Lounge

Coriander Lounge
Ranked #28 of 885 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 April 2012

For our second night (it was a Friday night) in Southampton, we decided to eat here. (The only other Indian restaurant nearby was vegetarian). On arrival we were asked if we had booked, which we hadn't. It was 6pm but was already quite busy. We were told we could have a table, if we left before 7pm! We decided that as there was 3 of us, and we were only having a starter and main, that this should be easily achieved. However they offer (which you pay for) a plentiful supply of poppadoms and pickles whilst reading the menu. I wasn't sure that they waiters had been informed of our particular deadline, as they didn't take our order very speedily. The starters were tasty and delivered quite quickly. There was another delay before our main came out. I was pleased to see, though, that the kitchen staff who delivered the food on the trolleys, left it to the waiters to deliver to the table, thus speeding up the food to the table. There were quite a few waiters. I was surprised that the main course curries and rice were left on the table, rather than on a 'hot plate', as I have been used to. However we now had only 15 minutes to eat these before leaving. So maybe an hour here is not enough! I found the starters better than the main. However I am very fussy about my chicken korma, and I found it more a chicken curry than a very mild creamy curry. But it was still nice. We managed to eat faster, get the bill and start to leave just by 7pm. The manager saw us go to depart and offered us a free spirit for keeping to our time deadline. This was very nice and unexpected. We chose a Baileys and ice, standing at the bar. Now the place was getting full. By the time we left our table had already been filled by the 7pm booking!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We went for the Sunday lunchtime buffet and it was just as amazing as expected! Great choice of dishes kept hot and topped up regularly. Service was brilliant too. Price very reasonable. I've eaten here before and it's somewhere I've been recommending friends and family. I will definitely be back!!!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was in Southampton recently on business and was taken here for dinner. Upon arrival our large party was promptly seated and drinks orders were taken, which arrived within 2 minutes along with a delicious variety of Indian appetizers to share. Our main meal varied from curry to fish dishes and were all prepared freshly onto plates infront of our table. I personally had the Lamb madrass, which was absolutely perfect. Just the right amount of spice and chilli to get your taste buds going, accompanied by rice and soft and tender variations of naan bread. Although the dessert was rather 'fake' and resembled that of a chinese take away restaurant (ice cream in little 'fancy' shapes) it was a genuinly great evening. The food was remarkable and the atmosphere was also very good, as it is a quite small restaurant. We were even offered complimentary shots at the end of our meal. Would definitly recommend this to anyone in Southampton. I know if I'm ever back that this is where ill be going first.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I ate at this restaurant with my wife and two young children on Easter Sunday. On arrival I was offered poppadoms which I accepted. I then went for the buffet menu to be told that the poppadoms would be extra to the bill. It would have been nice to have the menu explained as we sat down. Whilst getting some food from the buffet bar, I was then asked what naan bread I required with my buffet, I asked could I have a chapathi(cheaper) instead to be told sorry can't change the buffet menu, they would be extra. The same waiter then took my wife and daughters plates away with food still on them. Not good customer service, felt very rushed, the staff had little knowledge with regard to customer service, and the managment were no better. The food was decent enough. Not a good customer experience however.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were almost the last diners in the restaurant, but the staff were great, attentive but not too much trouble. The food was delicious though my king prawns were a little tough.