“Tasty and so many beers! ”
Review of Huis

Huis
Ranked #57 of 717 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Tried here for something different, great vibe, delicious food, beef carbonade, belly pork both amazing, lovely service in a professional but casual relaxed way, so many beers but staff know their stuff and will guide you to something you will like, good limited but very drinkable wines for non beer drinkers too, loved it!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

After spending two days at Goodwood for Members’ Meeting and freezing my butt off there was nothing I craved more than an excellent stew. Huis accommodated with a very tasty carbonnade flamande and an excellent beer pairing. I am now almost completely thawed!!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Went there for a quick bite as pulled up on Elm street and saw this place open. The service was really good and the food was excellent. Cannt remember the name of sandwich I had (sorry) but it had Mediterrian vegetable filling with Humous cheese on top. It was yummy. Nicely done. Next time I am in Portsmouth, I will definitely go there.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Really tasty food, massive portions, calamari crunchy, delicious salsa followed by a huge piece of soft pork belly . Meatballs in a creamy sauce were equally tasty, and great beer with a lovely waiter. Reasonable prices, good atmosphere, great place!! Well done Huis!!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Great bar/ restaurant. This is a great place to come for casual dining and drinks.

I did not know what to expect but the menu was great we shared a Camembert to start and with the sourdough and herb butter was delicious.

The pork belly is a fav of mine and this did not disappoint possibly the best I have had.. we then had to share a waffle.. it was all amazing. My boyfriend is a beer lover and was loving the Belgian beers. We then moved to the bar as a DJ came in and worked out way through the gin menu as it turns into more of a bar later on. Totally recommended for an all round great night.