All reviews pizza within miles mile radius locally sourced food body lotion lamb cooked breakfast lovely meal bed and breakfast tea and coffee town centre family room westonbirt arboretum very pleasant stay sunday night travel cot fish and chips
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Ordered drinks and waited 20 minutes for them to arrive, and that was after chasing for them. Long wait for the food. This is not rocket science but they served the adults first, 5 minutes later served the children. This is not conducive to a happy atmosphere. Asked for a children’s juice and two glasses(so that we could give our little one just a little) got two full glasses of juice. Ordered dessert- and of course they brought the adults first, and then forgot my husbands dessert and my coffee. I swore I would never go here the last time and this time I mean it. May be it’s just a lack of training, but whatever it is, it needs sorting

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018

The stone pizza oven in the corner shows a true commitment to pizzas.
Quick, tasty and with different toppings - I love it.
This time a simple spiced beef & pepperoni, with a side of garlic mozzarella bread between us.
Propped up in the bar instead of the restaurant for a change.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Fantastic welcome by all staff polite and pleasant. Evening meal was very pleasant and well worth it. Clean and tidy throughout and a buzzing atmosphere in the bar. Excellent place to stay to look around the local tourist attractions

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frontrow02
Reviewed 24 September 2018

The hotel room was spacious and had everything required for a relaxing stay. The dinner in the restaurant was great quality and good value. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. We were visiting nearby Highgrove House Gardens and the hotel was a great location for the trip.

Room Tip: The room was on the ground floor, near to reception but it was quiet and really spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joanneg20172017
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We stayed here for two nights (at a total cost of £238 B&B) and I wish I had booked elsewhere. Even at check in we had to wait a while without acknowledgement as the person at the desk carried on typing an email.

Initially I was seduced by the information included in our booking information - bathrooms with 'handmade local' soap (a bottle of Carex), 'herbal body lotion' (no body lotion at all) and a 'mini bag of essentials' in case I had forgotten anything (a small hessian bag containing two sachets of shaving gel). Also, the bathroom contained two unidentified bottles in the shower - one brown and one cloudy - presumably the 'paraben and fragrance free' body wash and shampoo. (I may have slightly misquoted the wording on that last point). Rusty towel rack and shower over a small bath. I wouldn't have described the bedroom furnishings as 'top of the range'. The room cleaning seemed inadequate and a very dirty glass was returned to our tea tray apparently without being washed.

The 30 Mile Food Zone advertised seems to have been discontinued and the 'fresh, seasonal and local' menu consisted mainly of meat and pizza. The dining room/bar had a filthy floor, especially beneath the metal unit next to the bar, the tables were sticky and the bar stools had frayed material hanging underneath. I had read some positive reviews about the dining experience, but after seeing the restaurant and reading the menu we chose to have dinner elsewhere.

When we departed on Saturday morning the car park was littered with empty glasses and bottles and needed a good sweep and tidy. Our room was towards the back of the hotel, overlooking the car park and the road noise kept me awake one night as we needed to keep the window open.

So, the few good points - a good breakfast menu and the food was generally tasty. The waiter worked hard to fulfill all of the breakfast orders and clear tables, in between covering check out - well done to him. Also I requested a clean shower curtain as we went out for a walk and a new one was in place by the time we returned a few hours later.

I wouldn't return and wouldn't recommend I'm afraid.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple