All reviews croquet lawn library restaurant country house lovely hotel common room main building bar food cotswold inns bar area course dinner nooks and crannies afternoon tea rodborough common hotel is situated wedding party four poster both nights
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

My grandmothers wake was held here in August. Absolutely beautiful building with a lovely garden area. Not a great range of alcoholic drinks and mostly have the most expensive brand. They put on a buffet for us which was lovely, had a wide range of food, including gluten free and vegetarian which had been requested by my family. The staff were very kind and considerate to us and made the whole day as enjoyable for us as possible. I would recommend this pub however as said before is quite pricey but would definitely return for a special occasion.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

A lovely lunch on a super sunny day. Ate outside where there was an outside bar to order food and drink. Good service.
My quinoa salad was excellent. Unfortunately my husband’s chicken Caesar salad had anchovies scattered over the top which he hates. Otherwise it was unremarkable. Yes, he should have read the menu closer.
The desserts were excellent. I had salted caramel sundae and my husband had homemade treacle tart with clotted cream.
Toilets were clean and fresh.
All in all a mostly successful lunch though but pricey.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We came across this place by accident one day while we were walking a dog as we are house sitting in Stroud. Its an old hotel with some renovation to make it more like a resort feel. Courtyard was very relaxing & we had light meals which were delicious. Good food & great environment to chill out!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Arriving for the 1st time I was directed to the bar to order food and drink. I joined a couple of people at the side bar and waited to order. Eventually the 2 people before me placed their order but I was continually ignored while they served others arriving after me at the main bar. Eventually I asked why they were ignoring me and was told that it was because I was note at the main bar. When I told them that they had just served someone here, they just shrugged their shoulders. Wonderful service. I visited having checked on the web site to see that the pavilion should be open other than if the weather was poor. On arrival, on a beautiful sunny day, it was closed. Such a shame to get this experience. It looked a nice place

3  Thank Ken P
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed here with my husband and our dog. The hotel is lovely, very quaint and lovely old building. We stayed in the Country House rooms as dogs are allowed in this area. Very lovely room with dog bowls left in the bathroom for us to use. The outside bar area is lovely, spent a fair amount of time sat outside relaxing. The hotel was very busy when we stayed as there was a wedding but this didn’t bother us at all as more than enough room for everyone. I did think the food in the bar was a little expensive, I had a chicken and avocado sandwich at lunch and it was just on 2 slices of bread so nothing spectacular for the price I paid. If you have your dog with you, you’re able to eat in the bar but not the restaurant which is completely understandable and was fine by us.
Overall a lovely hotel and would return.