“Cotswold Connoisseur - 4 Star Review”
Review of Falafel Mama

Falafel Mama
Ranked #39 of 154 Restaurants in Stroud
Price range: USD 4 - USD 8
Description: Fresh food made daily on site, Middle Eastern street food
Description: Fresh food made daily on site, Middle Eastern street food
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Firstly, a great find!

Situated in the heart of Stroud, this is the best tasting falafel I've had anywhere so far. A small unassuming café with lots of light coming through the windows and some seating upstairs, It's not particularly smart but then that's not really what they're going for.

The staff are friendly and polite, the service is relatively fast and the ambience is relaxed. You get to choose the salad and sauces as they make your 'Falafel in Pitta' from scratch and there's also a few extras that you can help yourself to fill your pitta to the brim.

One of my go-to places in the Cotswolds now for a quick lunch or snack, just a shame the opening hours are quite short...

The Cotswold Connoisseur.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This is the best place in the world ...
Amazing ❤
Great value for money...
Great taste...
If you want a quick filling lu ch this is the place to go ..if it for a take away on you can sit in and eat ...
Go and try it ....
Vegan friendly ❤

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve always hated falafel as it’s usually dry & pretty disgusting! So when my wife said let’s have lunch at Falafel Mama I was against it.

However being Christmas nothing was open & the few places that were had stopped serving lunch. So I was forced to go.

I opted for the half pitta as I didn’t think I could do a whole one. But with that first bite I was a changed man!

DELICIOUS not dry but crunchy then smooth nice salad & great sauces. Was so so good I’m now looking forward to my next visit with delight not dread!

Probably the best place for lunch in Stroud

2  Thank willmudie
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Can't fault it. Reasonable value, fast and friendly service and well stocked pickle bar. Always enjoy it.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Ok so I am not THE expert, but I grew up near an Israeli Falafel House in London, ate the best Falafels in Berlin and Paris when I lived there, and have always searched out these yummy babies wherever I go. This place has special soft pittas (apparently brought specially from London) and the falafels themselves are a perfect balance of spicy and herby, not too dry, and combined with the fantastic salads and the best pickles, it's all just mmmmmmmm. GO if you like one of the best street foods available!
We order just the balls and pittas regularly for when we have guests over, and I'll be getting some in for the Christmas period! Well done Falafel Mama family!

1  Thank FamilyinGlos