“Lovely bar, nice outside space”
Review of The Porch House

The Porch House
Price range: USD 5 - USD 25
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Another stupidly priced bar for drinks (we didn’t manage to find a reasonably priced one in the Cotswolds all week) but a lovely setting, great outside space at the back for kids and dogs and although a small menu, very tasty food. The mushroom soup was exceptional. Sunday roasts looked incredible too.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We were late arriving but the staff was super attentive.
We had the most amazing food - I had the aubergine (vegetarian dinner) which was to die for and my husband had the chicken pot pie- best he has ever had. My daughter had the best burger she has ever had!! The service and ambiance also excellent!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This is a very busy place, but worthwhile if one loves a traditional pub with very good pub food. Service in patches a bit slow, but ok for night.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

There is no doubt that this place is charming. However, the menu was rather limited. So much so that I ended up having a burger :-(

Things did not get off to a good start when the rather limited menu was given to us and then the waitress proceeded to tell us everything that was off the menu. However, we managed to choose and carried on chatting. Some five minutes later the poor lady had to come back to us to say that one of the choices we had made for main was also not available. So we ended up having another starter for a main instead.

The wine was lovely and the food we did eat was of a very high standard. The service was exceptional but the menu options let this place down drastically.

Date of visit: August 2018
AndrewJTierney, Guest Relations Manager at The Porch House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry that you found the menu limited and fully understand your frustrations. We do hope you will visit again in the near future in order for us to provide you with the service and menu choice that should be expected from The Porch House

Kind regards

Andrew Tierney
Deputy General Manager
gm@porch-house.co.uk

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I booked The Porch House for my mother in laws 80th birthday lunch and the management were very accommodating as set aside the conservatory area for our party of 20.

The menu is not large but there is a great choice of food which caters for most tastes.

Our waitress was extremely good and did everything she could to make sure everyone was served and looked after.

This restaurant is in a great location right on Sheep street which is one of the main roads in Stow.

There are tables and chairs out front and also in their beer garden out the back.

Parking is limited but there are side streets you can use.

The Porch House is apart the oldest inn in the UK and dates back to 947AD which explains the atmosphere.

I would have given 5 stars had my son in laws main not been very late coming out after the rest had finished theirs and if they had more staff at the bar to handle orders.

Would I recommend? Yes I would and will probably return next time I am in Stow.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are so pleased that you entrusted such a special occasion to us and on the whole you enjoyed the day. However we do strive to provide excellent customer service and we are sorry to hear that one of the meals arrived so late. I do hope this was removed from your bill. If you would like to discuss this further then please feel free to contact me on the below e-mail. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards