“High Five for The Hive”
Review of The Hive

The Hive
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Description: Licensed eatery open for breakfast/brunch, light lunches and afternoon teas. Artisan, handmade and local produce. Available for private events and hosting restaurant pop up’s. Beautiful 2 bedroom holiday apartment also available. The Hive - The Place to Bee!
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

When we arrived @ The Hive, we hoped for a great breakfast. We had no idea how delightful our experience was about to be!
We were thrilled, and our experience was outstanding.
Kaz welcomed us with a great smile and seated us as if we were family.
The food is incredible, the coffee is the best I have EVER had in England!
The hot chocolate, sincerely divine.
If you can get past the most delicious sour
dough bread topped with delectable smashed avocados, chili jam, topped with a perfectly cooked poached egg, ( with or
w/o a side of gorgeous English bacon, you may have a chance to enjoy the scrumptious cakes, hugely mouth watering ! The choice of flavour is a very tough choice, best advice:, take some home as well!
Kam & Millie are devotedly watching over all the customers to satisfy their every need!
Breakfast offerings include incredible porridge, homemade granola , eggs prepared as you like, toast with local honey, and baked beans w/ a side of cheese.
Lunch offers freshly made salads, Savory tarts, made fresh each day, homemade soups and sandwiches as well as a charming children’s snack box of soft cheese or ham, carrot sticks & an apple with a drink.
Afternoon tea includes heavenly scones with butter, jam or compote as well as the cakes mentioned above.
Rumour has it they have over a dozen heavenly flavours you can have made to order!
Beautiful Bloody Mary’s are also ready to be served if you so desire!
Sally and her beloved sister, Jayne along with the entire team at The Hive deserve the pleasure of your company of you are lucky to get a table! They have created the perfect recipe of a warm welcome, excellent fare and memorable experience.
Do not miss this when you are in the Cosy Cotswolds!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank ecbamber

Reviewed 2 July 2018

best brunch place i've ever been and the staff are so friendly and welcoming. I would recommend to anyone!!

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank esthhxr1111
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Had lunch here on a recent visit and everything was homemade and amazing!!!!
Highlights include a cheese scone that was served with my soup to incredible homemade desserts. Staff was incredible as well!!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Stoped at Stow on my way back home to Yorkshire.
Picked The Hive after looking in another establishment that was not that nice.
I was impressed by the nice decor and very helpful staff.
The food was excellent, we had some fruit toast and a sausage sandwich.
The service was truly outstanding they defiantly went the extra mile all very friendly.
Very good cup of tea too.
Next time i an passing through Stow, I will be back.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

A lovely hour spent with my wife and my cousin from SA who recommended The Hive.

I could go on about how welcoming, pleasant and friendly the staff were, how relaxing the whole ambience of the Hive is and how nice the tea and cappuccinos were, but...

... I will never appreciate any custard tart ever again after sampling the Hive's offering. I'm not joking, it was the creamiest most custardy (I think that's a new word) sweet stuff I've ever tasted, and I consider myself an expert in anything dessert (especially custard) related. Not in the Mary Berry sense of analysing every mouthful but an expert on the sheer enjoyment of such custardy delights.

My new favourite UK café /restaurant.

PS. Everything else looked lovely too.

Date of visit: June 2018