“Excellant Value”

Redesdale Arms Hotel
London, United Kingdom
“Excellant Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Great little hotel, really big room, nice atmosphere in pub. Excellant value

Room Tip: Room 16 is very large!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We visited Redesdale last year and loved it so much returned for our anniversary and were fortunate to stay two nights on the wine and dine deal.

Our room was superb and the lovely carafe of sherry a welcome treat. The staff are pleasant and attentive. Indeed my husband was taken poorly and lovely Fran on reception.offered every assistance and kindness possible. (He recovered to enjoy our stay). The food is superb and is presented in style. We played cards in the cosy bar with a roaring log fire behind us and local and residen guests were all thoroughly enjoying themselves.Anyone who does not enjoy Redesdale Arms Hotel is a sad soul. We look forward to our return.visit.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems ask for a ground floor apartment.
1 Thank selina436
West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I have been visiting this hotel twice a year for the last four years and it has always been fantastic! We stay on the way on to Birmingham to break up the journey and never consider staying elsewhere! I thought it was about time a wrote a review to recommend it to other people.

We always request the same room, The Batsford Suite, which has a HUGE four poster bed and jacuzzi tub (we have also used one of the family suites when the Batsford wasn't available). There is water and sherry in the room with very good tea and coffee making facilities.

The welcome is always warm, the bar area atmospheric and the restaurant brilliant! The staff are always extremely accommodating and on this visit we had our 9 month old daughter so we had a few more requests! Nothing is too much trouble for them and they always have a smile!

The food is wonderful. We generally stay on the dinner, bed and breakfast rate which for the past few times has always included a bottle of house wine (a merlot which is delightful and not as you would expect a house wine to be!). As a result, it offers excellent value and you eexcuse the food being of average quality. However, average is not the word to describe the food. I am a keen cook and very critical and the food is simply divine. On this occasion, my duck was slightly over cooked but it was still beautifully moist and as I said, I'm fussy - the chef probably cooked it as (s)he thought it should be cooked! The desserts are always out of this world - my husband and I aren't dessert fans and during the years we have been staying at the Redesdale Arms, we have grown from sharing ice-cream to ordering and eating two desserts! Coffee is served with amazing melt in the mouth truffles!

Breakfast is wonderful and sets us up for the day...in fact we don't eat again until the evening! The scrambled eggs are thoroughly recommended!

What more can I say? If you're looking for a romantic trip to the Cotswolds then go and stay at The Redesdale Arms! We will be back again in August!

Room Tip: Ask for an executive suite!
1 Thank GnasherWestSussex
Bath
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I found the location and the ambience of this hotel very nice, but had two problems with my stay:
The food - my girlfriend had to send her food back as it was cold, my steak was not tender, I didn't think the meal generally was good value at £20 per course.
The room, we were in room 10 at the back and I was kept awake by the noise from the extractor unit on the roof opposite.
I don't think I'm a light sleeper and I'm not normally one to complain as my other reviews will show.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the main building
1 Thank FennelVeloute
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We first visited The Redesdale looking for a last minute weekend break in January and loved it so much we have been back twice since.The staff are friendly and welcoming. The bar food is lovely and reasonably priced and the restaurant meals were excellent. The bar has a lovely comfy seating area next to the real log fire.The atmosphere in the whole place is relaxed and friendly.The rooms are spotlessly clean and have a good range of toiletries.We have stayed in rooms in the main hotel and the courtyard and were equally happy with both.

The Redesdale is ideally situated for visiting nearby villages and also Stratford upon Avon.We have recommended The Redesdale to all our friends and relatives and can't wait to go back.Highly recommended and good value too.

1 Thank cjd234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
0.0 km away
#3 of 3 in Moreton-in-Marsh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews
8.2 km away
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's Restaurant
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
8.6 km away
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden

Been to Redesdale Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!