USD 165
  • Restaurant
Kings Head Hotel(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
USD 284
  • Restaurant
The Barrel Store Cirencester(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
USD 73
Premier Inn Cirencester(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
USD 106
PremierInn.com
Hotels.com
No. 12(Cirencester)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Bathurst Arms(North Cerney)
Riverside House(Cirencester)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsgroupon dealevening mealwalled gardenrefurbished roomlovely hotelenjoyable breakbar foodbreakfast was buffet stylenight breakshort breakno liftroom was largepleasant stayboth morningscirencester townnew ownersstayed here for two nights
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one Night in the hotel. Room was really pretty. Classic english way of presentation. Dinner at the hotel was not that pleasing. May be not used to these typical food. Breakfast was nice. Overall good place for a short stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotelrep01, General Manager at Stratton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a wonderful break with us. I am sorry to read you didn't particularly enjoy the food as we usually have great reviews, although hopefully breakfast made up for it.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel on a groupon deal, I was unsure as had briefly visited before refurbishment but read positive reviews since refurb begun. We arrived to very pleasant staff but were deeply disappointed with standard room we were given. Very dated interior and furnishings, dark, wallpaper peeling etc - after reading the guest information which was for a dog stay room I spoke to reception! They were so helpful and immediately suggested that they change our room to a superior on middle floor. Goodness what a difference! It was beautiful. Modern furnishing and refurbed bathroom, beautiful large window over looking garden. From then on we had a great stay - friendly helpful staff, delicious food and will definitely be returning. The lounge, restaurant and bar have all been refurbished, we look forward to a visit in the summer to enjoy a drink in the garden. If visiting again will definitely pay for the upgrade to superior room.

1  Thank erallen

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a wonderful break with us and enjoyed one of our refurbished bedrooms. We now only have a handful of rooms that are waiting to be refurbished but the newly refurbished rooms, I agree, are definitely worth the upgrade.

I hope to welcome you back for that summer drink in the garden!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I took my partner away for a few days of R&R in the Cotswolds and my only criteria were: be close enough to the Thames path route and dog friendly. What we experienced at Stratton House really was a pleasant surprise.

Our room was on the ground floor and spacious enough for our pup. Also, the bathroom was gorgeous and clearly newly renovated. We ate in the bar every night and the food was very good, especially the chunky chips. We also enjoyed a few bottles of the house red - well recommended. The breakfast was enjoyable, they made up veggie sausages for my other half and made our flasks for when we were out walking. Also, we had packed lunches made for us and they were so sweetly prepared each morning.

Yet it wasn’t the food nor the room that made the stay, it was the people. Not only were the staff we met polite, they were genuinely interested in how our day had been and letting us play the loaned board games. The staff at breakfast were busy but never rushed and the ladies who I met at reception always seemed pleased to see us. Selina has been great in organising everything ahead of and during our stay.

But there has to be one very special shout out: Thomas! On two of the nights he was in the bar and on the day of checkout he was working in the restaurant during breakfast. He was kind, courteous and made his own recommendations for what we should eat and drink. It’s hard to describe what Thomas “did” whilst we were there, but I can tell you how he made us “feel” - welcome, relaxed and rested. Those are the things we came for, mission accomplished. Thank you Thomas and all of those at Stratton House, you’re on the top of our favourite list.

2  Thank Queenyb

The team work very hard in ensuring our guests have the perfect stay and I'm glad to read they impressed you during your stay, but especially Thomas who is a great asset to the team. It's lovely to read how he made you 'fell' during you stay and that all the hard work and training pays off. I will certainly pass on your feedback as I know the team will be very happy.

If you are planning walking in the area again, please do come back to see us (and Thomas!)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed at this Hotel on a 'Groupon Deal', The room was larger than most Hotels, very clean, with all the amenities. The food was excellent, Staff were very friendly.We had a young waiter named 'Fin', who was very helpful, considering that he was training, and new to the work. Would like to return, at some time in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a wonderful break with us and enjoyed one of our refurbished bedrooms. The team work very hard in ensuring our guests have the perfect stay and I'm glad to read Fin impressed you during your stay (and especially as he was still training)

I will certainly pass on your feedback as I know they he will be very happy.

I do hope to welcome you back again soon .

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband had a 2 night stay in this beautiful hotel, the staff were highly helpful, super clean room....cannot recommend enough. Chilled out, relaxed atmosphere. We took a walk to Cirencester town centre and incredibly full of lovely shops, restsurants etc...very tranquil location....so if you want R@R this certainly is the place to go....Thank you Stratton House Hotel....from Mr and Mrs Rudge xx

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cherylrudge
Hotelrep01, General Manager at Stratton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you Mr & Mrs Rudge for choosing to stay with us. I am delighted you had a wonderful and relaxing break.

I have passed on your comments to the team who are extremely pleased and we all hope to welcome you back again soon.