6 people are viewing this hotel
USD 928
Free cancellation until 25/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 928
Trip.com
USD 888
PricelineUSD 928
Hotels.comUSD 928
CheapTicketsUSD 928
1,885 results
All reviews outdoor pool horse box afternoon tea the fine dining restaurant main building valet parking beautiful hotel cheltenham race course luxury room the main dining room scones steam room and sauna four poster bed special occasion full body massage spa treatments roll top bath
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2021

David was amazing at 10:11pm on Friday thanks so much you made our evening beautiful outside dining thankyou David , lovely drinks and food enjoyed it very much! Can see the sunset from dining amazing veiws

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2021

Fell in Love with the Ellinghbourgh Park Hotel upon my first visit for a business meeting

Had to stay and have a Visit afterwards and then stayed a second time which I thoroughly enjoyed

Had friends stay there too

Love the grounds very much indeed, find it pleasant and tranquil and Love the Spa facilities

Lovely and friendly staff who know what they are doing but their true hidden gem is one of the staff members Jonathan Furzeland

They young man is exceptional at his job and with his working effort and a credit to the Ellingbourgh staff

In my personal life and carear I have largely traveled the world and stayed at some exclusive places at times and he truly has been the best staff member I have ever met for hosting, delivery, professionally and courtesy if care

A warm hearted endearing young man whom I have had several conversations with during my time their and he played a major factor in my personal sentiments as to why I choose to return for my business meetings and personal stays

So A+++++++ and full credit to him, rightfully so people should be honoured when they are exceptional with themselves and their profession

All round love the Ellognborough Park Hotel and look forward to my next visit and stay

Review written by

Jonathan Brown - Globally recognised International Medium/Teacher/Healer & Speaker

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2021 via mobile

We arranged a spa day at ellenbrough as we were coming to the area on a short trip for a special Birthday.

We received a call the day before to say the boiler wasn't working and would We mind changing days? We shifted the trip around as we understand that these things do happen, especially after being closed for a period of time.

We arrived at the expected time of 10am and the receptionist asked if we wanted to go straight upstairs or change first. I found this strange as we had bags with us. I said we would like to change first. We were whisked straight upstairs for our massage. There wasn't any explanation of changes due to covid or timeframes of the day ect.

Lucy was an excellent masseuse and absolutely lovely and has saved the review from being "poor".

When the massage was finished we were escorted to a relaxation room next door which had comfy chairs. We were told to 'take our time in here'. We stayed there for 25 minutes after which we wandered downstairs to go in the spa. I was quite shocked when the receptionist said "you can stay in till 12pm". I wasn't aware there was a time limit on where you can go and at what time.( We had been to previous spa days in December and hadn't been timed)

We stayed in the spa area for 35 mins but to be honest it felt like as soon as we sat down it was time to go. We left at 12 as instructed to see if there was another room we could go into but was told they had booked us in for lunch at 12.15! I asked if this could be pushed back at all and was there anywhere else we could go? The receptionist agreed to move it back to 12.45 and said we could use the outdoor pool. We did it was nice and clean although obviously a little chilly in April.

The receptionist asked me how the spa day was and I replied 'Honestly it felt a little rushed ' as a spa day would imply half a days use of the facilities at least. She replied oh sorry!

We then got changed and went early to the lawn terrace for lunch. There was only two other tables when we arrived and we ordered our food by 12.45.

Our starters came out at a reasonable time and were lovely. But by 1.45 I had to ask the waiter if our main course was coming soon? They said yes and we waited for another 15 mins. I then went and asked the Head waiter if our food would be coming soon. He looked surprised and said he would go and check. He did come back and say its on the way but we had clearly been forgotten. Tables that had arrived much later than us had received there full meal and pudding before we had our main course. The food was unfortunately cold and swimming in oil. Very different from the standard of the starter.

I think the venue is stunning and the staff all seem very pleasant. But the spa seems overpriced as what would of been the best case was 1 hours use and in our case was 30 minutes use. I was disappointed that the receptionist didn't try to explain or rectify the lack of time available. Or the fact this wasn't explained when the booking was taken. The food service was poor but overall I'm putting the issues down to reopening due to covid.

Lucy was extremely professional and great at her job.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 31 January 2021

We got engaged here and the staff made the weekend even more special with all they did to help out (eg organising a pretend tour of the grounds but just leading us to the perfect spot to propose). The hotel itself is also gorgeous, with great sized rooms and spa.

The whole weekend was perfect.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank WilliamsandCo36
Reviewed 22 December 2020

This was our second visit to wonderful Ellenborough Park for afternoon tea during difficult Covid times.

The selection of teas were amazing and there was a sample of dried teas to smell before ordering the tea.The teas are limitless so you can enjoy whichever tea you'd like.

The cakes are great as well as sandwiches and scones.

Highlight is definitely the service that is provided. Jonathan (served us) is an amazing person, provides highest level of service, it's personal touches from Jonathan than makes the afternoon tea worthwhile. Jonathan provides freedom to enjoy the afternoon tea rather feeling rushed.
The Snug room is cosy and intimate loved it.

Date of stay: December 2020