Lowest prices for your stay
USD 564
View deal
Free cancellation until 18/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel
USD 523
View deal
Expedia.comUSD 535
Priceline
CheapTicketsUSD 535
1,882 results
All reviews outdoor pool horse box afternoon tea the fine dining restaurant main building valet parking beautiful hotel cheltenham race course luxury room the main dining room scones steam room and sauna four poster bed special occasion full body massage spa treatments roll top bath
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

We got married at Ellenborough Park on Sat 3 Oct......and it was just perfect. Would highly recommend it as a wedding venue - Sian is absolutely fantastic and made sure the day went according to plan.....she deserves a lot of credit for the professionalism and enthusiasm she has for her job.

I stayed over in the hotel the night before in a luxury room with a four poster bed and it was beautiful.....the bed was the comfiest I have ever stayed in.

Once we got past the wedding it was onto the food - catering for a large number of guests can't be easy but Ellenborough did it so well....the food was amazing and all the guests commented on it.

Howard (the toast master) was great at keeping the day running according to plan - I loved him being there as it took the stress away from us and our best men.

At 2am once our heads were ready to hit the pillow we retired to our luxury room which was huge and had a beautiful bathroom that was the same size as the room - it was just a pity we didn't have more time to down in it.

Breakfast for our guests was organised in a private room which was a lovely touch....and then it was sadly time to check out.

A truly perfect day and I can't stress enough how amazing Sian is and what a pleasure it was to work with her on planning our very special day.

Thank you Ellenborough.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Barbie52
EllenboroughPk, General Manager at Ellenborough Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Firstly, congratulations to you and your husband on your recent wedding and many thanks for your kind comments above.

I am delighted you had such a wonderful experience at Ellenborough Park and I am thrilled that we were able to make the day for you such a special occasion.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I remember the previous hotel on this site, De La Bere that has now been transformed into a 5star 90 acre parkland site with magnificent views. Attention to detail and spending multi millions has created a hotel that truly delivers personal service from a dedicated team of well trained staff. Its 60 bedrooms are each designed to make their guests as comfortable as possible.

The restaurant is not to be missed, having been awarded the coveted 3 star rosettes
the food is exceptional and complements the rich wood panelling of the historic room.

It was a pleasure to experience how far the Ellenbourgh Park has come to delivering sheer quality with a caring service.

Room tip: book early but beware race meeting dates
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
EllenboroughPk, General Manager at Ellenborough Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Thank you Grahame, for such wonderful comments. I am pleased to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and how lovely to hear your beautiful descriptions of Ellenborough Park.

We would be delighted to welcome you back here again soon and look forward to it.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I am very glad that I choose this hotel for my stay in Cotswold District. The hotel itself is an beautiful, Traditional English style building surrounded by a big place of greenland and many trees. The privacy is very high. Walking inside, you will feel very safe and relaxed. The hotel room is nice too, only if it would be even better if it is bigger.

One of the really highlight is the breakfast, award wining restaurant serving the traditional English breakfast. No other better way to start a beautiful day.

I wish the staff could be more friendly and smile more to make my stay more memorable. However, overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone visit there.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Many thanks for your kind feedback on your stay at Ellenborough Park. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time here so much and that you got to explore the beautiful surroundings.
I will be sure to pass your comments on the breakfast back to the team and we would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back here again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Ideal for business events & meetings and weekend breaks. Staff courteous & polite. Rooms are great
and ambience is fantastic. Views of racecourse add to the splendour.I will send my VIPs here and even book a spa weekend. We ate in the Brasserie the food wS ok. The bar staff are GREAT. . Recommended.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for such a lovely review of Ellenborough Park and for your recommendations to your VIPs. I am delighted that you had a wonderful visit to us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon... maybe when you enjoy that spa weekend you mentioned!

Reviewed 2 October 2015

From first arriving it seemed very nice. The room was large and had all the amenities of a 4-5 star hotel, although there is NO lift so be careful if you have a climbing stairs difficulties. The restaurant was the main disappointment, service was poor, very slow and inexperienced staff and the food was just not up to par.

Having eaten at a lot of top restaurants, we are by no mean food experts, but just enjoy good food. I had a steak and to be honest it was tough, not uneatable, but not what you expect from a supposedly top restaurant, I could have cooked it better. Normally at these types of restaurant you get the wow factor, but not here I'm affraid.

The bar was great, and the staff very helpful here and would certainly recommend popping in for a pre dinner drink.

Breakfast I think was included as part of the package and again was served by young inexperienced staff which never helps the experience. Food quality was OK but nothing special and was limiting in portion size.

Would we go back, not sure but doubt it. Would we recommend it? tough call as it was expensive. It might just have been an off day for the restaurant and worth the risk, but I could not say this is a must to visit. There are better places for the money.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bristolboy900

Thank you for your feedback of Ellenborough Park. Both positive and negative feedback from our guests is handled with the upmost care and where possible we will look to rectify a disappointing scenario at that very moment or at the next opportunity.
The Main House is a 16th Century building and we weren't granted planning permission for a lift but we do have a lift in Woodland Court, the external building, which you could enquire about for a future visit.
We apologise if your dining experience in our restaurant did not meet your expectations: while we strive to deliver faultless service across every element of Ellenborough Park, there are occasions where perhaps you might feel this was not met.
As you will see from our other reviews, guest satisfaction is an area that we dedicate ourselves to and hope that you will return to the hotel again in the future so you may see for yourselves that Ellenborough Park is a special destination.