“Authentic Caribbean ”

Marinades Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 502 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Only Authentic family owned Caribbean Restaurant in Cheltenham. Independent and local. Plenty of Gluten Free and Vegan choices available.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely restaurant serving authentic Caribbean dishes. We went to one of their taster evenings where you can sample lots of dishes served as a buffet. There’s something to suit everyone’s tastes and you can have as little or as much as you like. All dietary requirements are catered for, my wife is a coeliac and there is a great choice of gluten free dishes. It has a warm and friendly atmosphere and the staff and service are very good.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We've been here a few times now and decided with some friends to go on the Caribbean Taster Night at the end of March. It was a great night with plenty of food laid out in a buffet style. We all enjoyed it immensely, especially the veggie and vegan options which we don't normally go for if we're ordering from the menu. The Mac n Cheese was really tasty and popular and I also enjoyed the Chana Dal and the fish escovitch. My wife loved the ribs and also the Jerk Chicken. We had a great night with some lovely cocktails and it was really busy for a Wednesday night. As we were leaving we booked to return for the Taster night in May.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband has wanted to come here for some time but I had my reservations and tbh it’s the worst food I’ve ever been given the jerk chicken was tough and a watery pool was surrounding the chicken ! potentially frozen and then microwaved disappointed doesn’t even come close! I’m not sure why this place has even one good review maybe something has happened recently to make this a bad place to eat.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Excellent choice for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. Very different from anything else and always very tasty

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

The words Cheltenham and Carribean are rarely seen and in all honestly pretty difficult to weave into a sentence that makes sense. Throw in Marinades and in Cheltenham you have a brilliant authentic Carribean resturant. There I’ve done it !
As you stroll down this end of the high street it would be so easy to do a Dione Warwick (walk on by) ,but if you did you would miss out on giving your taste buds a real thrill.
It all looks pretty basic,but to my mind that adds to the authenticity and the dishes don’t disappoint.There are many offers on the go for early diners and voucher chasers and the monthly special evenings offer a taste of just about everything.
It’s family /owner run and it shows ,go in relax and enjoy the food and the company and oh yes the sound track ,may just transport your mind to the missing sun ,sand and sea.

Date of visit: February 2018