“Great curry ... And the naan!”

Aroma Indian Takeaway
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Happened upon this gem by accident. Don't be put off by the street level entrance which is the counter for the take-out part of the business. Upstairs is a nicely decorated, cozy restaurant. Curry was excellent and the naan is the best I have ever eaten.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Really cute place, bring your own alcohol and enjoy their delicious food and great service. Don't be put off by the Take-away entrance there is a restaurant area upstairs. Waiters helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Nice little find for our anniversary meal on our week away.
Great meal and really accommodating for our two year old.
Remember to bring your own alcohol if you fancy a drop with your curry!

Great waiter really helped capture the mood with witty off the cuff comments not just reserved for our table and mostly overheard.
Happily recommended certain options on the menu. After braving the vindaloo I was corrected with the Naga as being the better overall dish. I’m not sure if it was my face (knowing how hot the naga Chilli is) but the waiter jumped in by saying they would tailor it to the vindaloo strength. It was absolutely on point and if anything could have done with being abit hotter but no complaints.

Waiter was pleased we alerted him to the fact my wife is allergic to nuts which is refreshing given the amount of blank looks we’ve had over the years.

I’ll note on the menu it made reference to a 5% charge when paying by card which is abit ‘captured audience’ considering the village no longer has a 24/7 cash point but to be fair they never actually charged it.

Overall, couldn’t be faulted and we would happily visit there again.

Oh, as a side note (my wife just reminded me). Being as you bring your own alcohol, when we asked for a pint glass for the canned beer, this glass was retrieved from the room signed ‘women’s toilet’. Me and my wife thought best not to ask about the evident limited storage!

Go try it, you won’t regret it!

LFC199, Manager at Aroma Indian Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for the great review, we as an establishment really appreciate it. P.s. the pint glass was not from the toilet the ladies toilet is on the left however if you keep straight there is a seperate kitchen where we keep all glasses etc

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We went there after reading the positive reviews on site. The food was ok but nothing exceptional. The waiter was really friendly and trying to help. Asked for non-spicey food but the final result was still very hot which wasn't necessary. Food wasn't very warm just mild which was very disappointing. I must say we ate better food in other Indian places.

1  Thank mona428
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Please don't be put off by the takeaway entrance, the restaurant upstairs is lovely, with excellent friendly attentive service & a good menu. Food was delicious & they made up a couple of dishes that weren't quite on the menu but easy to alter.