“Excellent service and food”
Review of Dedham Boathouse

Dedham Boathouse
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a table for 16 of us for our daughters birthday and were thoroughly spoilt from the moment we arrived to our departure. We were a mixed group with the children well catered for and the food fantastic. An excellent culinary experience in beautiful surroundings. Many thanks to Chris and the team

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been several times now and always really enjoyed everything.
I took my parents for a day out in Dedham to show them around and the food we had was to die for. Good portions and everyone really loved it, good quality food for a reasonable price.
Can’t wait to go back

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Lunch with friends midweek and the restaurant was busy. They have a 2 course special menu for March which looked great but didn’t offer the option to have main and dessert so I chose from the a la carte menu. Moroccan lamb with harissa, cous cous, spinach, feta and confit tomatoes. Sounded great. The lamb was tender and well cooked but had little seasoning. The cous cous was the large grain variety and the marinade it was in was unremarkable. Spinach was lovely as were the confit tomatoes and feta. Where it went wrong for me was the lamb jus that was poured over it. That just did not go with the other flavours and it ended up being a classic lamb dish competing with tomatoes and feta for a place in the plate. The dishes I saw that looked ok but didn’t try were the Hake and Calves liver. I had coffee panacotta as dessert. It was nice enough but more of a cross between a terrine and a parfait not the wobble you get from a traditional pannacotta. It was served with coffee granita, honeycomb and cream all of which were fine. I’ve eaten at the boat house for lunch and dinner and special events. I was looking forward to eating there again but left feeling somewhat disappointed with the food this time. Shame it’s a great location and the staff are friendly but food not as good as it has been.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Just across the road from Dedham weir.
Ample sized car park.

Lovely airy dining area with views of the river Stour and Constable Country!

Friendly polite staff. Relaxed atmosphere and service.

Excellent food. Served hot and fresh and together as a table. Obviously quality fresh ingredients are used and it is all cooked / prepared very well.

Try do a set 2 course meal some days, I think it is Monday to Thursday. Which is excellent value at £14.95.

Would certainly recommend this place.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Just a note in haste to say thank you to Chris and his staff at the Boathouse for the excellent food and drink which our little party enjoyed yesterday evening! The venue, as always, had a great atmosphere and was all that one could wish for in an eatery where you can have a lovely and relaxed meal in comfort. We will return!