Grand Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
Great 4.5/5
  • Beachfront
The Northern Hotel(Bexhill-on-Sea)
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2017

If you think small town hotels have lost their sweet old style bespoken hospitality the Grand in Hastings will make you change your mind. The owner welcomes you and engages a nice and pleasant chat to better know his new customers. This is a place where to go back again and again and keep feeling the same warm welcome. Location is fantastic, just by the sea and near to the station. From Hastings promenade you will enjoy amazing sunrises and stunning sunsets. Rooms are very clean, breakfast is 'Full English Breakfast' don't even try to ask something else, just enjoy the atmosphere. Tip: tell the owner your nationality upon arrival, you will find the flag of your country on your table at breakfast. Fantastic!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dagni D
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed over the last bank holiday. I had mixed expectations having read the reviews! I found it perfectly acceptable. Our family of 4 room (9) was recently refurbished with new carpets/beds and en suite shower. Bit of a trek up the stairs at the back of the hotel with all the bags. Breakfast was also nice. I agree certain areas could be updated and the price is not cheap but suited us. Prob 3.5 to be fair.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

It's not a hotel and nothing grand about it. It is a guest house and extremely shabby and dirty. they charged £90 just for a twin room that was tiny and so outdated, and shabby. The owner even refused to give me the key for the balcony door. And he got upset when I asked him why when I paid £90. He then asked me to leave and to go somewhere else. I ended up paying £9.00 more for a proper hotel that was plush and very clean and only 10 mins away. It's called the White Rock Hotel.

Room Tip: The only advice I have is do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I have read lots of reviews of this hotel and most of them are somewhat misleading. We went to a party in Hastings and booked this hotel the night before. On the trip down we had read some of the reviews and were somewhat sceptical of what we would find. Peter the owner met us and we found him to be endearing and charming with a dash of lovely eccentricity. He showed us to our room which had been recently redecorated the room was spacious and very clean. We would normally stay in for a five star hotels but this hotel pleasantly surprised us and would happily stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 5 June 2017

my 18 yr old daughter stayed here and was treated brilliantly by the owner who took great care of her and made her more than welcome area just outside hastings but pleasant car parking appears to be a bit of a problem but great value and impressive customer service thanks peter for your consideration

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo