“Hen Party”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Delicious food, great service - and they put up with us being a hen party!! Lovely friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble, I wish I lived in Brighton so I could visit Estia more often!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Ellen P

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We choose Estia while visiting Brighton to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The location is a little out the way from the main area, but was walking distance from our hotel. I would recommend the Meze platter for 2 to start, which had a terrific selection of flavours. For mains we had the Cypriot beef stew and the Mousaka. Both meals came with a delicious Greek side salad, had great portions and tasted beautifully homemade. We particularly enjoyed the beef, the meat was wonderfully tender. Lovely atmosphere and couldn't fault the friendly service. Most probably won't come across this place easily but it's well worth a visit, we will definitely be returning!

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Katy C
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Ok am Greek and a chef , it's a lovely restaurant well laid out .

Staff lovely but no one spoke Greek so the chef must have been Greek or Cypriote .

What was made , the dolmathes , Meatballs in the meze lovely ! Everything else ready made the dips etc , doesn't take long to make guys sadly let down by that !

The moussaka was nice but not exciting and the stifathou needed bay leaves and more wine and seasoning but nice also . Little over priced .

The service was so slow ! But friendly .

But not dunno just not enthusiastic .

Anyway it's nice to go there for couples xx

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank ltsakmakis
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We held my father's 70th party here and I couldn't fault it. Andreana and hubby Andy really helped to make it special with the decorations and catering, perfect hosts. As we knew it would be hot, she suggested making the food lighter with salads, meze bits, salmon and veggie and meat mousakkas. They allowed me to just connect my own music to their system which was great too. All the guests had a great time.

I have eaten in here of an evening too and I like it as it's intimate and romantic. Thanks Andreana and Andy for making it so special.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank JosephTP
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I almost dont want to review this place, tucked around the corner of Western Road, because i want to keep it all to myself! There was only one other table full on Friday at 7pm but by the time we left it was packed!

We had never been here before and not researched so as it was our first visit, we thought we would play safe with some obvious choices. Starter we shared the best Taramasolata i think ive ever had with warm pitta bread strips and halloumi cheese served with rocket, olive oil and lemon dressing. Subtle and delicious.

Mains were Pork Souvalki and Lamb Kleftiko - my pork was a tad on the dry side but with the rice (which was flavoured not just plain boiled) and feta salad on the side it was absolutely lovely.

I have an intolerance to a couple of things and i was reassured (by Adrianna i think - *sorry i cant remember) this wouldnt be a problem as everything is cooked and fresh and you could tell it really was. Im always so grateful to restaurants that cater for intolerances and i didnt feel i was putting anyone out (well i hope not!).

Ive also been to Archipelagos a little further down on Western Road which is as good if a little too packed and noisy but Estia has a much more relaxed atmosphere and much more spacious.

I couldnt fault it and this could definately become my new favourite place to eat out. Lovely food, staff, atmosphere and surroundings. We were too full for dessert so we had a *Filfar liquer - it makes Cointreau taste like orange squash!!!

Date of visit: September 2017