“Great Spanish Restaurant”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We found this restaurant in the lanes at 2pm in the afternoon, The welcome was very good a lovely table in the window. The food was excellent very well presented. We had two of the tapas very filling and wonderful flavours., A glass of wine was recommended and was spot on. Would definitely go again when in Brighton.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,321)

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Service was spot on as well as the food. The gluten free choices were great and thoroughly enjoyed my grilled octopus (ended up having two helpings) and sautéed garlic prawns. Their wine by the class wasn't terrific but everything else made up for that.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

After reading all the reviews I thought it's worth to give it a visit but unfortunately the greeting of the manager was rude The food was tasteless. I was very disappointed with the food doesn't have any flavour. I would rated 1 out 10

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Warm & friendly atmosphere located in the picturesque lanes area of Brighton. This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel concierge and it really was an excellent choice with great tapas and first class food and wine.. Given the opportunity we would definitely go there again

Reviewed 13 September 2017

You get led to believe this is some kind of Brighton institution as its been here a while, but unfortunately this restaurant relies too much on this notoriety!! It sits right in the thoroughfare of the tourists mooching around the lanes but if you lived here i have no idea why you'd waste your money. Went yesterday with my boyfriend for his birthday (he's spanish) and the food was disgusting. He was a bit offended as neither was there any spanish conversation from who I assumed was the manager, in fact he spoke english with us! As for the food, imagine if Tescos did little plates of pre-made tapas, then take it down a notch. Nothing tasted very fresh. I see that a lot of people like it, I can only imagine they havent spent much time in Spain eating authentic tapas. Everything is bumped up with bleach tasting salad straight from the 70s to make it look bigger. You could have fitted the amount of pulpo (octopus, over £6) on one fork once you'd pushed the salad aside. Terrible value and not very nice. Calamari dry, and consistency of a car tyre. It put a dampner on his birthday to be honest as we paid £43 for lunch with one drink each. Only positive is that waiting staff were friendly, but theres no love whatsoever in their food, for that, go to Ole Ole instead, we only didnt because they are shut Tuesdays!