“Lovely pizza as always!”
Review of Al Duomo

Al Duomo
Ranked #182 of 1,256 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: USD 25 - USD 35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Near the famous Pavilion in Brighton, Al Duomo is well, not quite as famous as the Pavillion itself, but it has attracted two million visitors over the past twenty-one years. A classic, family-run Neapolitan pizzeria spread over three floors, Al Duomo has an Italian menu to tempt even non-pizza lovers, if there are any. The pizzas are cooked in a wood fired oven, one of Britain's first. The many other favourite dishes include Lasagne Casalinga and salmone al dragoncello, cooked in butter, white wine and tarragon with tomato and cream. It's a great place for parties and groups, but absolutely everyone enjoys the delicious food, charming ambience and warm Italian welcome. Patio seating when the weather is balmy.
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Myself and four friends went down to Brighton to see Micky Flanagan and all decided we would go and have a pizza in Al Duomo before the show.
As always the pizzas were delicious and the Staff were very friendly and helpful, we all enjoyed the food and I highly recommend you try the banoffee pie desert, I didn't need it but I surely loved it.
I do although have one criticism and that would be the cutlery, the knives we were given were all blunt and it was more sawing the pizzas rather than cutting, the table next to us had the same problem, my knife actually fell apart which I pointed out to the waitress and the end of the menu but I'm unsure whether she reported it to a senior member of staff or not.
I'm hoping that the next time I visit I will see that my comment has been actioned and new knives have been purchased, such a simple cheap cost would of made the dining experience much better.
I will obviously be returning in the future as the pizzas really are spot on! (Hopefully new knives throughout the restaurant will be there also.)
Thankyou once again and I look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I have visited Al Duomo on many occasions in the past. We just wanted pasta, bottle of wine as was in a bit of a hurry to meet friends.
The dishes we ordered exceeded our expectations .
It was very busy being a Friday night & catering for larger parties of people, but the staff were so friendly upon our arrival. We ordered The Risotto Alla Marina & the Fusilli Alla Sicilina With Garlic bread
Both of our choices were great.
Really filling, good value for the portion size & the description was exactly as it said on the menu.
Definitely will be returning in the future so we can enjoy the whole evening with having the full works........... A big Thank you especially as we were in a bit of a rush but all was so good with the food & service.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Original plan was to go to Pinocchio s which, in my opinion, you can not beat for value in Brighton and with 2 children at uni - a good deal is what we have to look for !! Passing by al duomo we looked at the menu and because we were eating early -5.30- could still get the set menu offer - which is a good deal so we decided to go for it. We ordered 2 large glasses of wine (wouldn't bother with the house white again) and scanned the set menu which on closer inspection was not that great for either of us. We decided to choose a main from the main menu instead and the pizzas ordered were fine. My main issue with this restaurant is the seating arrangements downstairs. If you get to sit on the left hand side - I should imaging your dining experience is far better than being sat within the warmth of the pizza oven; and close to the other customers who have been placed in this particular area too. It not somewhere I personally would want to linger. A quick bite to fill the gap - but not for a 3 course meal but as I say it almost certainly depends on where you are sat. The staff were friendly and efficient and what I noticed was that they were very friendly to eat other which is a good sign of an effective team .

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We came on Saturday evening, it was a surprise party for a birthday girl. And it was just amazing! Amazing food, very fast service and heavenly birthday cake from profiteroles and cream made by their chef!!! Our starters and main came so fast and all at the same time and all very delicious... We were a group of about 25 ppl and must say that it was a great evening thank to their helpful staff and management! Loved it!!! Definitely will be coming back :) My favourite Italian!!!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

This has a really good location if you're visiting the Pavilion and Brighton Museum - just outside the Pavilion Gardens.
I had the sea-food risotto and it's possibly the most sea-food I've ever had in such a risotto. The starter (warm roast veg with salad) was also good.