“Never Setting Foot in this Place Again!”

Thewitchez Photo Design Cafe Bar
Ranked #2 of 1,368 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: German, Pizza, Polish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the first Photo Design Cafe Bar in the UK. We are a little independent business that merges creative design ideas with creative dining. Our dining menu, coffee and cakes are available from Mon - Sat, closed on Sun. Due to occasional private hire of our little venue, the opening hours may vary, so it is best to give us a call, drop us an email or check our website to see the current opening times. Our fully licensed restaurant will take you on a journey of different flavours from different countries. We are not on a fine-dining scene, but all our food is home-made and beautifully presented so our dishes will not only please your eye but also please your appetite. We are a dog friendly place so all well behaved dogs are welcome. In order to allow our adult guests an evening of relaxation we have chosen for Thewitchez Restaurant to be an adult-only venue after 4pm. Children 6+ are welcome until 4pm. Hope to see you soon and call us to reserve table.
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

The waitress was extremely rude/negative. Could tell she didn’t want our custom and was not accommodating at all. Friend tried ringing in advance several times to book table but no answer.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Great atmosphere, impeccable service & fantastic food. I had the sea bass with mashed potatoes which was cooked to perfection. My husband had the Bavarian Schnitzel with chips which was very good. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Small restaurant so book early.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Went for a family dinner, travelling from Lancaster. Just wish this place was closer to home. Probably the best family meal out ever! We had the veggie and meat dumpling options, the burger and rosti. We also miraculously squeezed in one starter and one pudding to share. Everything was delicious and abundant. The place was a real treat as well, so quirky and brilliant service. I have nothing negative to say about this restaurant, everything was perfect. I hope to be back, but it's a 6 hour drive.

1  Thank Charlotte B
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

The meal was absolutely delicious. I thought that I had died and gone to heaven - thoroughly tasty and cooked with fresh ingredients. I particularly liked the plum cake dessert which I refused to share with my husband. The staff were very friendly and the restaurant had a relaxed yet bohemian ambiance. Thoroughly recommendable.

1  Thank Rad88M
Reviewed 21 October 2018

Absolutely perfect place for a couple, quirky without being daft, small without being cramped and intimate without being in your face.
The staff obviously love their business and being hosts (rather than the usual incompetent skills but so hipster it hurts staff some places employ) The lady who spoke to us explained my dish before I confirmed it, She was adamant that if my choice of medium was not to my liking there would be no problem with cooking it further and also explained that it was a pound of lamb so I had better be hungry.(challenge accepted!)
the wait for food was just long enough to enjoy being there and look at the curious stuff on the walls and ceilings and then...
Holy sheep! I generally go for lamb when my wife and I go out because its not something we eat at home, what this place serves has no comparison. none at all. not only was it giganormus it was cooked perfectly, I have no idea how they managed to wrestle it onto a plate in one bit and present it so beautifully because it was so tender that it didn't need sawing at or chewing loads (lamb can be fatty but this bit was nirvana level)
My wife had the pirogi which looked great too .
Thankfully we skipped the starters with the plan to have dessert instead. No chance!

When they say 'arrive hungry' take that to mean ' walk from Exeter carrying a toddler on your back or some such superhuman feat. Then you might be able to tuck away a dessert afterwards!

TL:DR Best place I have found in 12 years of Brighton life. Best lamb I have ever tasted. Best 40th birthday evening for my wife yet. REALLY want to go back asap.

4  Thank Doom E