“Calm and relaxed, great squid!”
Review of Busby and Wilds

Busby and Wilds
Ranked #71 of 1,237 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: USD 10 - USD 19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Busby and Wilds is a family owned, neighborhood public house, which prides itself on its quality of ingredients; all freshly prepared to order. We have a love of Food and Drink, all at a reasonable price in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My partner took me here on Valentine’s Day for a late supper and we enjoyed it very much. Our two waitresses Mary and Elle were attentive and friendly. The salt and pepper squid was amazing! The gluten free menu is not large but was VERY yummy, the squid to die for and my steak done to perfection with a very tasty salad. We had one starter, two mains, two glasses
House wine, One dessert and 2 coffees for £62 so it was relatively expensive but nice. Our only criticism is that the Polenta cake was a bit dry. I’d definitely come here again, soon I hope.

Emily A, Owner at Busby and Wilds, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Hello
I am very glad you enjoyed your evening with us, I must apologies wholeheartedly regarding the desert, it wasn't until later we realized the recipe had gone slightly wrong. If you do come again please let us know & we will buy you an extra yummy dessert.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

A fantastic little restaurant. Great atmosphere, relaxed and calm. Service very good, friendly and helpful. The food is just as other reviewers have said, spot on. Thank you team Busby and Wilds for a super evening, we’ll be back soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

My husband had fish pie and I had steak, both were beautiful. We had chocolate orange mousse which was very nice but hugely over priced and possibly the most delicious sticky toffee pudding ever! With one soft drink, two beers, 2 mains & 2 puds the bill was £70 but you do get what you pay for.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

It’s fantastic . Have the firestarter and wine deal and you won’t be disappointed.
House red so good.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Very disappointed, thought I would try the beef, something I never do as invariably disappointing, but thought it would be fine here. Unfortunately not so. Did check that it would be pink in the middle, but came in very thin slices, and pink right up to just before the edges which was slightly brown, not well done as it should be, wonder how it was cooked, did not feel it had come off a joint! very grisly and difficult to cut. Should have complained but because with a group let it pass silly me