“Fab food !”

Betty La Las
Price range: USD 3 - USD 21
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A quirky little restaurant in the heart of Kemptown, Brighton.Great food, relaxed atmosphere, fun and funky surroundings.Good value for money, and excellent customer service x Brighton's latest mexican food and tequila bar . We are happy to accommodate large group bookings, and can cater for private events.
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

Been to Betty La Las several times but never got round to doing a review until now. Sandy the owner is just fantastic as a host and only too happy to make sure me and my friend were catered for. If there was any niggles she was only to happy to rectify it straightaway. The food is delicious and filling. You definitely get your money's worth! Menu varied & have options for vegetarians as well. I would recommend the Cajun chicken Nachos & also the Beef Burrito had both several times & always fantastic. I know the owner so well I even have my own cocktail which is nicknamed a Margarita Pracatan. Ask Sandy for one & I'm sure she'll make you one! Do visit, you will be glad you did

2  Thank AndycBtn

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

Dropped into this place on a whim on a Saturday night after a few drinks, fancying TexMex. The woman who greeted us was sociable and the waiter extremely relaxed and friendly. The atmosphere as a whole was very good, with live music and a party feel - felt very much like being on holiday. So on that basis it gets three stars but the food, oh dear... Some passable nachos got us off to a good start while the burrito was just about acceptable, pretty limp and filled with the same, unexceptional beef chilli mince as we'd had on the starter. The cajun chicken salad though was dire, with none of the roasted vegetables mentioned on the menu. As basic as it comes. Overcooked, dried out chicken on a chopped up iceberg lettuce with a bit of red onion and sliced pepper. The side order of lightly salted, freshly cooked fries helped rescue things a bit but it wasn't really surprising the restaurant part of the building was virtually empty while the bar was much busier. If they got in a decent chef, this could be such a good place.

2  Thank daveybuk
Reviewed 4 August 2015

This used to be a fun place to eat, but it is open very haphazard hours, and the menu has gone down in choice and quality. Last time we actually ate here it was very empty. A great shame, as it has a great name and location.

2  Thank JamesGMcLaughlin
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Betty La La's is the friendliest place in Brighton. I went there during Pride this year and was welcomed like I had been going all my life, even though I'd never been there before.
The atmosphere is great and all the staff members are brilliant. The food (it serves a selection of Mexican dishes) was delicious.
Great atmosphere, great food - just all-round great!

1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

I feel like I'm eating with family. The people are very friendly and all the other things you want from a good restaurant are there too such as a great menu.

2  Thank Jemima T