“Excellent place but make sure you have holiday...”
other travellers have booked this property
Vine Street
Open plan living area The property is above a vintage market and coffee shop
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Open plan living area
The property is above a vintage market and coffee shop
Entrance
Open plan living area
Floating staircase leading to second floor
First floor wet room
Hallway leading to all bedrooms
Bedroom 1 with bath, there is a twin or double option (6 guest beds also available)
Bedroom 2 with a twin or double option (6 guest beds also available)
Second floor bathroom
Bedroom 3 with a twin or double option (6 guest beds also available)
Bedroom 4, with a twin/double option (6 guests beds also available)
5th bedroom - studio bedroom with double bed, 2nd kitchen and en suite.
5th bedroom - studio bedroom with double bed, 2nd kitchen and en suite.
Studio en suite.
Street view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Worley5
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent place but make sure you have holiday insurance!”
Reviewed 6 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I booked Vine Street Studios for myself and 9 other guests for the August bank holiday in 2016. I paid £2700 for 10 people which includes a late check out fee as mentioned below.

I had some changes to make to the booking for which the booking team were very accommodating. Though I had to agree to a late check out fee of £300 so we could leave on the Monday morning, otherwise we would’ve had to pay for Monday night when we would not be there. We had actually vacated the property quite early as we had trains booked so didn't make use of the late check out but this was the only way the company would agree to the booking. This hiked up the cost which means I can't say it was good value for money.

The apartment is everything the pictures suggest. It’s very spacious, has a wonderful NYC vibe to it and is very well stocked.

The rooms were allocated to the guests and everyone unpacked in to the spacious bedrooms. I didn’t realise from the photos but the rooms are separated from the corridor by huge curtains. I thought this was a really nice touch and it made the bedrooms feel more open.

We spent a lot of time hanging out by the kitchen/dining area and made full use of the large table…once we managed to figure out how to turn the lights above the table on. For future renters, if they don’t come on with the main switch you can switch each one on individually just above the lamp shade (saves you trying to trace wires for 20 mins like we did!)

The location is spot on and there is a lovely little pub at the end of the street for “one for the roads!” and Bills restaurant is the other end of the street which is positively delicious.
Unfortunately we were the victim of a burglary whilst we were there and one of the rooms (the separate contained room) was broken in to as was the shop downstairs. They took an iPad the b*stards. It was disappointing but not uncommon as the chap downstairs said there was a burglary in the cafe 4 months previous. James kindly offered us some compensation to pay for the excess when claiming back on insurance which I have done.

I stay in a lot of large/group properties around the country so have some experience with what to expect for my money. There were one or 2 small issues which I wouldn’t have expected from a high end rental like this and I have reported these back. Small things like bulbs not working, broken doors and the fridge light not working (how am I supposed to see my late night snacks?!?) but on the whole the apartment was fantastic.

Make sure you use the actual key as well as the keypad.

There are a lot of stairs so not suitable for those requiring specialist/disabled access.

I would recommend it but would advise people to take out holiday insurance, even if it’s a stay-cation!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The spacious living area
Liked least: We were robbed :(
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
8 Sep 2016
Hi Jodey,
Thanks for your fair and constructive review. Can I just confirm that the £2700 paid included your refundable security deposit of £1000 and that the actual cost was £1700.
The recent break in you refer to was the result of a very unusual set of circumstances involving someone who had booked the apartment as an agent for another group and then decided to stay there himself! Slept on the sofa so as not to get the linen dirty! It appears the burglary was carried out by a third party (CCTV footage confirmed) however we still have some legal issues which we're resolving with the victim, who should not have even been in the property at the time. The reason for disclosing this detail is so that you and other guests realise that we take security very seriously. A locksmith has attended site and inspected both entry points. The front door latch was working fine although I know you said that it bounced open on one occasion during your stay. We're having it replaced anyway and are also changing the 'one way lock' on the fire escape door for good measure.
Usually Sunday night is £500 for ten guests. The agreed late check out fee of £300 was intended to help mitigate this cost.
Again, many thanks for your comments and I hope that the negative experiences you've had with us won't put you off staying with us again.
ATB.
James
Lucy W
“Stunning apartment”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

The apartment was absolutely perfect for our needs, the rooms are lovely (if a little strange having a bath in a room!). The bathrooms look a little like something out of a prison but they are functional. All cleaning stuff for Kitchen was provided, as was tea, coffee, sugar. There is a DVD player. Unfortunately because of it's great location, parking was a bit expensive in the NCP car park on Trafalgar St so take the train if you can! Thanks for a lovely holiday.

Travelling group: Large Group
Wobbletro...
“Too notch”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Great location and great place. Can't fault it if you are in a big group of friends. Found the hob a bit hard to use but worked it out in the end.

Also an extremely nice cafe just below the place which does a good breakfast

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
EPhillips...
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Expensive, but worth every penny.”
Reviewed 14 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

For my 21st my friends and I were looking for somewhere that could provide us with enough space that we could all be together in comfort and luxury. This place did exactly that.

We turned up, let ourselves in and were blown away with the spec that this place had. It had everything we needed and wanted from underfloor heating, large sofas, satellite TV, speakers and more. The location was perfect, just around the corner from streets with endless resturants, bars, shops, and a short walk from the main shopping areas and beach. The staff and owner were very laid back and professional about the booking and were even kind enough to give us an extended check out time till midday (this needs to be arranged beforehand obviously). Tina one of our points of contact was always friendly, exceptionally welcoming and helpful as we needed to address some issues when turning up such as the oven not working. However, nothing to make me think twice about coming back here.

The only things that I can think of that may make you think twice is the enforcement of noise. We were very considerate and always had in the back of our mind the neighbours perception of our noise but this place does have many houses around it that if you are blaring music and shouting will be heard by them as we tested the level of noise/music we could make before it became noticeable.
Secondly, there is a hefty security deposit that after reading other comments made me think twice, however when you turn up you will realise why that has been asked for as this place has been equipped with all the luxurys you could want/need.
Thirdly, the beds are on the small and hard side although are manageable and will easily give you a good nights sleep after a night out in Brighton at the resturants and bars nearby.

All in all if you are thinking that this place is going to be too expensive and not worth the time you are mistaken, everyone from the group of 10 that came with me to this place said it was incredible and one of the best parts about our trip. I will be coming back and was not let down, a big thank you to the staff and owner as you truly enabled me to have an unforgettable 21st!

Other helpful points to bear in mind:

- Parking is a 3 min walk away (Trafalgar Street Car Park)
- All linen and bedding provided
- Dimming light settings, air conditioning and security is great
- An abundance of kitchen utensils, cutlery, plates, glasses etc.
- Loads of showers and baths available
- No keys required for anything
- Didn't need to see staff member at any point (let ourselves in and out with no hassle)
- Instructions on rules, processes and equipment provided in appartment
- An abudance of "getting ready" space (mirrors, hairdryer in every room)
- Wifi and all the other gadgets worked (bring Aux cable for speakers)

Elliot

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Space, gadgets, spec, location, ease of access, welcoming environment
Liked least: Strict rules (understandable), large security deposit, bed quality
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Carly L
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place for big groups!”
Reviewed 12 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

This place absolutely made my birthday weekend! So central in the North Laines.

There was 12 of us divided over 5 rooms. There are 3 bathrooms with showers and two baths in 2 of the rooms! Hairdryers in most of the rooms and mirrors.

The downstairs living space is amazing. Enough seating for all guests! And it's comfortable!!! Love the arty bits on sale!

All kitchen bits and bobs, glasses, cutlery, knives, pots etc are provided. There is also and iron and ironing board.

It's the first place I've been with a large group where we didn't feel crowded!

The only complaint was the beds and the towels. The single beds are on the narrow and hard side. All 12 girls said so so it's not just my preference! Although for a girls weekend away it's fine to put up with for a couple of nights. Some towels were stained and had holes in. A lot of girls took their own towels anyway so we managed to get by.

There are 2 flights of stairs in the property to be aware of if you have difficulty getting around.

All in all a top choice for a Brighton stay!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 404
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing